The Greenkeepers Training Committee (GTC) in association with the English Golf Union (EGU) is hosting three further workshops as part of a pilot programme to introduce Quality Assured short courses and workshops for golf club officials and managers.
The workshops will be held at:
- Wednesday 9th November 2011 – Old Fold Manor Golf Club, Hertfordshire
- Thursday 17th November 2011 – Rotherham Golf Club,South Yorkshire
- Friday 25th November 2011 –SundridgeParkGolf Club,Kent
- Thursday 26thJanuary 2012 – Oakdale Golf Club,North Yorkshire
- Wednesday 22nd February 2012 – Cold Ashby Golf Club, Northamptonshire
** Note further dates still to be announced.
Greenkeepers Training Committee has engaged the services of Laurence Pithie, Master Greenkeeper, and one of its Quality Assured Training Providers’, to present these workshops. Laurence will share his vast experience and knowledge of working for both private and commercial golf clubs. Comprehensive course notes will be given to all delegates attending the workshop.
Subjects to be covered during the workshop:
- The Role and Responsibility of the Chairman of Green and Course Manager
- UK Perspective – Environment and Climate
- Basic Fundamentals in Managing Fine Turf
- Cultural Practices and their benefits
- Course Conditioning and Presentation
To view the workshop programme in detail visit www.the-gtc.co.uk
The cost of the workshop is £60pp to include refreshments, lunch and course materials. Places are strictly limited therefore early application is advisable.
Call the GTC on Tel: 01347 838640 or email email@example.com