Golfers keen to enjoy the unforgettable experience of playing the most prestigious Scottish courses are now being offered an even better choice of golf-break packages – thanks to a renewal of the long-standing tie-up between Golfbreaks.com and VisitScotland.
Golfbreaks.com – Europe’s largest golf travel company – and the official Scottish tourism organisation have reaffirmed their partnership for a third year to jointly promote golf breaks in the Home of Golf and the many wonderful attractions, including first-class accommodation, available north of the border.
“This presents fantastic opportunities for both parties to promote what has always been a very popular country for golf, and to develop a range of bespoke and exclusive tour packages and great-value offers for golf enthusiasts,” said Michael Birch, Golfbreaks.com Marketing Manager. “The support of VisitScotland adds real credibility to the Golfbreaks.com offering and will help open up the many delights of Scotland and its acclaimed golf resorts and courses to an even wider audience.”
He added: “We are confident that through the Golfbreaks.com and VisitScotland partnership, we will be offering the golfer the best available Scottish golf packages on the market.”
Mark McCardie, Senior Brand Manager of VisitScotland, commented: “With over 550 courses to choose from, Scotland, the Home of Golf, provides golf for every type of player whatever their level. Our partnership with Golfbreaks.com provides the perfect platform to communicate with these golfers and encourage them to experience for themselves that unique feeling you get stepping onto the first tee in Scotland.”
The unique range of golf-break packages will include some of Scotland’s best-known venues along with the introduction of new golfing destinations within East Lothian and Fife.
Among the exciting packages on offer for 2011 are:
- East Lothian – two nights’ B&B and three rounds of golf at Craigielaw, North Berwick and Gullane No3, with accommodation at the comfortable Tweeddale Arms Hotel, Gifford – from £219
- Fife – two nights’ B&B and three rounds of golf at Aberdour, Balbirnie Park and Kirkcaldy, staying at Aberdour Hotel, Dunfermline (3*) – from £195
- Highlands – two nights’ B&B and three rounds of golf at Castle Stuart, Nairn and Nairn Dunbar, with accommodation at the Kingsmill Hotel, Inverness (4*) – from £425
- Renfrewshire – one night’s B&B, dinner and two rounds of golf at Gleddoch House Hotel & Golf Club, Langbank (4*)– from £99
- Perthshire – one night’s B&B and one round of golf at The Gleneagles Hotel (5* resort) – from £165
In addition, Golfbreaks.com and VisitScotland is launching a new City Golf programme in Edinburgh, providing golfers with an outstanding selection of golf courses – all within 40 minutes’ drive of the city centre – together with a fantastic choice of hotels and nightlife for which the area is renowned.
- Edinburgh City Golf – two nights’ B&B and three rounds of golf at Prestonfield, Braid Hills and Silverknowes with accommodation at the stylish King James Hotel (4*) – from £185
- On top of all these fantastic range of packages, Golfbreaks.com and VisitScotland are offering golf enthusiasts a memorable money-can’t-buy prize to play a round, and enjoy dinner, with Sam Torrance during a golfing break for four people at the celebrated Kingsbarns Golf Links. The winner can also challenge the former Ryder Cup star to a nearest the pin contest, with travel/spending money is included in the package.