Following the first two events, when hundreds of golfers and many other generous supporters helped to raise nearly £33,000 for charity, Swing for Sammy returns to Muswell Hill Golf Club in north London for a third successive year on Friday 30 July.
The main beneficiary will again be Cancer Research UK, and further donations will also be made to the Hospice in the Weald, the Royal Marsden Hospital and St Mark’s Hospital Foundation – as they were during the first two years.
A new, additional beneficiary this year will be the Seve Ballesteros Foundation, set up by the famous Spanish golfer who has recently been battling a brain tumour.
Swing for Sammy celebrates the life and honours the courage of Samantha Trow (nee St John), who died on 18 February 2008, aged 26.
Open to amateurs and professionals playing in teams of four (best two scores per hole to count; Stableford – full handicap allowance). Cost – £50 a head or £200 per team. To include: coffee and rolls on arrival, 18 holes of golf, lunch or afternoon/evening BBQ, dozens of prizes, auction, raffle and disco.
Headlining this year’s auction will be two tickets for each day of the weekend of the 2011 Masters Tournament at Augusta National, while the day’s star attraction will be trick-shot specialist Jeremy Dale.
There are several ways of taking part:
- Team entries at £200 each (booked on a first come, first served basis)
- Individual entries at £50 a head (Muswell Hill Golf Club will organise team places)
- Prizes for the main competition and also the raffle (ideally golf equipment)
- Auction items (these do not necessarily have to be golf-related)
- Sponsorships worth £200 for the 1st, 3rd, 10th, 17th and 18th holes at MHGC and £100 for the other 13 holes on the day (with full signage and on-tee opportunities)
- Other guests to attend an evening barbecue and disco at £25 a head
Entries, from individuals or teams, should be sent to: Adrian Hobbs, Manager, Muswell Hill GC, Rhodes Avenue, London N22 7UT (cheques made out to Muswell Hill GC).
Corporate donations should be made out to Cancer Research UK and sent to Paul Trow (Sam’s father-in-law) at 3 Clifton Avenue, London N3 1BN. Personal donations from UK tax-payers should be made on www.justgiving.com/bentrow
For further information, call Adrian Hobbs (0208 888 1764), Paul Trow (07973 862747) or Matt Plested (07818 410333); or email email@example.com