Tagmarshal, global leader in golf course intelligence software, has announced the winners of its Annual Tagmarshal Awards recognizing Outstanding Performance and Player Experiences for the year 2020.
The Tagmarshal Awards consist of four categories and honour Tagmarshal partner golf clubs, courses and resorts who have demonstrated continuous improvement and optimization year over year.
All Tagmarshal partners are in contention to be recognized, based on the following criteria used to quantify performance:
- Enhanced Player Experiences
- Improved Field Flow and Pace of Play
- Optimization Strategies Deployed
- Player Communication
- On-course Service Delivery
Tagmarshal’s 2020 Diamond Award, the highest accolade for exceptional on-course performance and player experience, was awarded to several prominent courses including:
- Baltusrol Golf Club
- Country Club at Castle Pines
- Cypress Point Club
- Erin Hills Golf Club
- National Golf Links of America
- Pinehurst No. 2
- Quaker Ridge Golf Club.
Two European clubs were also Diamond Award winners, Bernardus Golf Club, Dutch Open host in The Netherlands, and Club de Golf Alcanada in Majorca, Spain.
This top grade of clubs is complemented by Tagmarshal’s other two award categories, Platinum (44 recipients) and Gold (49 recipients) which saw a variety of private, daily fee, and resort facilities receiving recognition for improving efficiency and enhancing the player experience.
Tagmarshal’s Special Awards category recognizes exceptional achievement in four specific areas. The winners were:
- Top Innovator: Bandon Dunes Golf Resort (Steven Borror, Director of Golf) This was especially notable as the resort opened and installed Sheep Ranch during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Biggest Mover: Pinehurst No. 2 (Matt Barksdale, Resort Head Golf Professional)
- Top International Achiever: Bernardus Golf Club, Netherlands (Roel Verdonschot, Head Golf Professional)
- Best Newcomer: The Tradition Golf Club at Wallingford, CT (Bernadette Bennett, General Manager)
“The Awards celebrate our partners’ success in delivering maximum value to their operation in addition to improving the experience of their members and guests. The data benchmarks and shows our partners’ performance soaring through the use of technology. It is their management and teams that make it all happen – to serve their golfers better and enhance the experience,” explained Bodo Sieber, Tagmarshal CEO.
Tagmarshal has worked with the professional staff of over 300 facilities to optimize the on-course traffic and flow of play management. It has collected over 1 billion data-points by tracking and improving more than 15 million rounds of golf globally by players of all levels.
“We are proud of all of our partners, but especially those that have delivered exceptional performances during this very challenging year. Congratulations and well done to all the winners. We look forward to an exciting and growth-filled 2021,” Sieber said.
Visit www.tagmarshal.com/awards to learn more and to watch a live demo go to: https://www.tagmarshal.com/demo/