The legendary Pro V1 family of golf balls has enjoyed over 900 tour victories since its introduction in October 2000 and the new 2007 editions are already adding to that total. The new Pro V1 and Pro V1x have been further refined to move golf performance to a new level. Put simply, they are better than ever.
The all-conquering Pro V1 has been the biggest success story in golf since the turn of the new millennium and here are some of the key landmarks:
- October 2000: 47 Tour Pro’s switch to the Pro V1 at the Invensys Classic the first week the new ball is available. This represents the single biggest equipment shift at one event in golf history. Pro V1 player Billy Andrade wins the event to mark the first ever Pro V1 win.
- March 2001: Billed as ‘the ball that is turning golf upside down’ the Pro V1 is featured as a front cover story in USA Today
- January 2002: Titleist ships its 3 millionth dozen Pro V1
- August 2003: More than 85% of the field at both the US and British Amateur Championships rely on Pro V1 or Pro V1x
- August 2004: Vijay Singh wins the PGA Championship completing a 2004 clean sweep of the four Majors for Pro V1 players
- November 2005: Players on the worldwide professional tours teed up Pro V1’s over 20,000 times and captured 155 victories in the 2005 season
- December 2006: Ernie Els wins the South African Airways Open with the new 2007 Pro V1x setting a tournament record. The victory marks the 900th win with a Pro V1 golf ball
For 2007, the new editions of the Pro V1 and Pro V1x are better than ever. Both models feature improved aerodynamics from refined, higher coverage dimple designs and the Staggered Wave Parting Line to deliver a more optimal ball flight for longer, more consistent distance. Both balls also feature the exclusive A.I.M.(Alignment Integrated Marking) sidestamp for better putting alignment.
In addition, the new Pro V1x features a softer Urethane Elastomer cover blend for improved playability and feel with mid and short irons.
Titleist once again sets a new standard for golf ball performance. Towards the end of last year, Davis Love III, Ernie Els and Padraig Harrington all won with the New Pro V1 golf balls, and the 2007 US PGA Tour began with a bang with 3 straight wins as Vijay Singh, Paul Goydos and Charlie Hoffman all played the new Pro V1 balls to victory.
In the latest Sports Marketing Surveys Ltd Retail Audit, the Pro V1 family alone accounts for over one third of the UK golf ball market value. They will ship in Europe from March onwards. Retail price: £11.50 for a sleeve of three.