The 2005 European Tour season comes to an end this week with the Volvo Masters at Valderrama. While the players battle it out for the last piece of silverware, TaylorMade it has already achieved its own very special landmark this season.
For the first time since the equipment counts began TaylorMade has acquired the status of No.1 in all six major product categories: Driver, Driver Model, Metalwood, Fairway Wood, Utility and Iron. This is also the first time this has been achieved, by any manufacturer.
TaylorMade’s success is a testament to its industry leading technologies and equipment from the 300 series drivers to the r500 series and most recently the revolutionary r7 quad driver featuring moveable weight technology. The r7 quad has been one of the most successful product launches TaylorMade has ever had and this year alone has achieved 42 wins worldwide.
In addition to revolutionary product one of TaylorMade’s greatest assets is, of course, its players which include Retief Goosen, Sergio Garcia, Darren Clarke, Kenny Perry, Mike Weir and Ian Poulter, among others.
TaylorMade’s playing staff play a vital role in the continued success of the company. TaylorMade’s R&D team work closely with the Tour players to help develop equipment that appeals to the golfer both in terms of its aesthetics and performance. Without this support TaylorMade would not be the dominant force that it has become in 2005. The benefit of this partnership is clearly evident with TaylorMade staff players winning more events than any other manufacturer on the European Tour with a total of nine victories to date.
- TaylorMade is the No.1 driver with a season total of 2,885 compared with 1,472 for its nearest competitor.
- 43% of all drivers used on the European Tour in the 2005 season are TaylorMade.
- The r7 quad is the No.1 driver model with a season total of 2,059 compared with 435 for its nearest competitor.
- The r7 has had 73 wins worldwide and 19 wins on the European Tour since its launch in May 2004.
- TaylorMade is the No.1 fairway wood with a season total of 2,741 compared with 2,691 for its nearest competitor.
- 41% of all fairway woods used on the European Tour in the 2005 season are TaylorMade.
- TaylorMade, pioneers of the utility category with the original Rescue Club, is the No.1 Utility with a season total of 942 compared with 621 for its nearest competitor.
- 32% of all utility clubs used on the European Tour in the 2005 season are TaylorMade.
- TaylorMade is the no.1 iron on Tour with a season total of 1,540 compared with 1,055 for its nearest competitor.
- 23% of all irons used on the European Tour in the 2005 season are TaylorMade.
The No.1 status on the European Tour relates to the cumulative count for European Tour Events in the 2005 season including co-sanctioned events. All statistics based on information provided by Sports Marketing Surveys and Darrell Surveys.