STRI’s Ecological and Environmental Services for Golf have teamed up with Parsaver, the supplier of yardage books and course information literature, to offer golf clubs throughout the world a unique and exciting opportunity.
Every golf course has the potential to support a diverse range of wildlife species and habitats, which enrich the playing experience for any golfer. Often these go unnoticed by players however they will be recognised on a more subliminal level. Highlighting the ecological assets of the course and the conservation measures the club undertakes to preserve them is an excellent method of ensuring that visitors and members maximise their enjoyment of a round of golf.
Production of a Golf Course Conservation and Management Guide in the form of an eye catching booklet, featuring graphics of each hole, or a series of on-course Wildlife Interpretation Signs has a number of important benefits for the golf club;
- Display to both existing and potential golfers the quality of the course from an aesthetic, ecological and strategic perspective.
- Improve the club’s perceived image within its immediate surroundings and within the wider public in general.
- Provide an important record of the club’s natural heritage and conservation management undertaken at this time.
- Provide a reference publication for the local community and media highlighting that the club is indeed a positive land user within the surrounding countryside.
- Generate excellent positive publicity for the club restricted only by your imagination as to where the booklet reaches.
The production of Conservation Environment Management Guides is an excellent way of celebrating landmark occasions, such as centenary years or even the opening of a new golf facility. Equally, on course interpretation boards can be altered and updated regularly to inform golfers of the latest environmental projects at the club and instil a feeling of belonging to all those that use the course.
The content of the booklets or on course signs is variable and written specifically for each club and will generally include a record of the wildlife found on each hole, together with a breakdown of the positive environmental best practices undertaken at the club considering all ecological and environmental issues. All products are supported with professional digital photography, watercolour images and high quality graphics.