Callaway Golf Company has today enhanced its longstanding reputation for innovation today by announcing the introduction of seven new golf equipment products. The innovative new products run the gamut from an oversized driver with a composite head to high-performance premium golf balls and each has been created to make the game of golf more enjoyable for average golfers and skilled players alike.
“This represents the most dramatic group of product introductions in the history of our Company,” said Ron Drapeau, president, CEO and chairman of Callaway Golf. “We have always been a product-driven company, fuelled by the amazing accomplishments of our world-class research and development department. As fate would have it, we are now in a position where several separate R&D projects have come to fruition at the same time. Each of these new products represents a step forward for Callaway Golf and the state of golf technology. So we will soon be bringing these seven new products to market, and we think golfers around the world will find them as exciting as we do.”
All of the new products fully conform to USGA and R&A rules and are approved for tournament and recreational play around the world. The complete line up includes:
- Big Bertha® C4™ Driver – The largest, most forgiving driver design Callaway Golf has ever created, this driver has a clubhead made of Compression Cured Carbon Composite material with tungsten-loaded urethane around the perimeter.
- Big Bertha Steelhead™ III Drivers and Fairway Woods – The latest addition to the best-selling, tour-proven Big Bertha Steelhead lineage is a complete line of stainless steel woods with an advanced version of Variable Face Thickness (VFT) Technology.
- Big Bertha Stainless Steel Irons – A progressive new design that takes the design principles of the original 1994 Big Bertha Irons to a new extreme for unmatched forgiveness and fun in stainless steel irons.
- HX™ Blue and HX Red golf balls – Callaway Golf’s new flagship ball is the next generation of golf ball aerodynamics, as these balls feature the proprietary tubular lattice network that is unlike any other ball cover on the market.
- CTU 30™ Blue and CTU 30 Red golf balls – The technologically advanced successor to the Rule 35® ball, this new line of solid-core three-piece golf balls has one of the world’s thinnest cast thermoset urethane covers and enhanced aerodynamics.
- Odyssey® White Hot® “2-Ball” Putters – A one-of-a-kind putter design with two golf ball-sized discs that serve as an exceptionally effective alignment aid that can dramatically improve putting accuracy.
- Odyssey White Hot Rossie® Putters – An updated version of a modern classic with the soft feel and solid performance of White Hot insert technology.
“Each of these new products is distinct and different in design, but they all share a common principle – to help average golfers enjoy the sensation of hitting good shots more often,” said Richard C. Helmstetter, senior executive vice president of research and development and chief of new products for Callaway Golf. “We fully expect that a lot of these products will get significant use on the world’s professional tours. But our focus is squarely upon making clubs and balls that offer more forgiveness, the potential for more distance and the opportunity to have a lot of fun while playing golf.”
These new products will be rolled out over coming months. CTU 30 balls are scheduled to ship to retail accounts in November, the new clubs and putters are due to ship in January 2002, and the HX golf balls are expected to be available at golf shops in March 2002. Each product will be supported by new advertising campaigns and through early use by Callaway Golf staff professionals on the world’s tours. These efforts are intended to create strong retail demand for this slate of new products.
“We have co-ordinated our production schedules to ensure prompt delivery and adequate supply for all of our products,” Drapeau added. “This new product launch shows Callaway Golf’s ongoing and unyielding commitment to the vision of Ely Callaway – to make products that are ‘demonstrably superior and pleasingly different,’ and that help golfers of all skill levels enjoy the great game of golf.”
Callaway Golf Company www.callawaygolf.com