adidas Golf has elevated golf footwear to a higher level with the introduction of Tour 360. More than a shoe, Tour 360 is an essential piece of equipment targeted at serious players who seek every competitive advantage.
“The Tour 360 is the next in a long line of innovative products from adidas,” said Bob Maggiore, global marketing director for adidas Golf. “For 50 years the adidas mindset has been focused on finding ways to help athletes perform better, and the Tour 360 is an example of that. Not only will this extraordinary new product help the athlete perform better on the golf course, we‘re confident that it will profoundly influence the future of golf footwear.
The Tour 360 received the first half of its moniker because it is a tour-level product built with the serious athlete in mind. The 360 comes from the combination of technologies it employs and the way that they “surround” the foot, providing tremendous stability and support. In fact, the Tour 360 offers the most comprehensive package of performance technologies of any shoe that adidas Golf has ever introduced.
New technologies include:
- 360 Wrap with Independent Forefoot and Heel: Delivers exceptional support that helps to keep the foot centered within the shoe, ensuring a solid hitting platform and enhanced stability.
- 3D Fit Foam Sock Liner: The new sock liner features three different densities of foam. The first density is a base layer of polyurethane that delivers long-lasting support from heel-to-toe; the second density is a cushioning foam layer in the heel for added comfort; the third density is a memory-foam layer positioned in the forefoot to create a personalized fit.
- Anti-Clog Outsole: The clear TPU outsole features improved spacing between the lugs, a smooth surface and an absence of sharp angles, all of which work together to reduce the likelihood of grass and debris catching, clogging and sticking to the outsole. Less clogging promotes better traction from shot to shot.
- TPU Toe-Drag: Protects the leather from the normal wear and tear on the toe that occurs during the follow-through, when the weight is shifted fully onto the left foot (for right-handed players) and the right toe drags.
“No-Slip” Tongue: The no-slip pattern on the top of the tongue keeps the tongue centered on top of the foot for increased comfort.
- Performance Lining: The two-material lining is a first for adidas Golf. Placing ultra-suede leather in the collar, heel and tongue provides a luxurious feel while minimizing the movement of the foot within the shoe. A moisture-wicking mesh lining encases the rest of the foot to help keep the foot cool, dry and comfortable.
- The Tour 360 also makes use of a number of proven adidas Golf performance features/technologies, such as:
adiPrene®: a specially developed cushioning that delivers long-lasting shock absorption in the heel, reducing fatigue.
- Z-Traxion™: adidas Golf’s recognizable, dual-density Z-shaped lugs provide better pressure distribution, eliminate hot spots and create more surface contact with the ground for sure-footed traction and stability.
Dynamic Traxion Spike: “Green friendly” design features wider, more flexible arms for superior traction, and internal prongs for added points of contact.
- One-year waterproof warranty.
In addition to the Tour 360’s technology it is also the most progressive design in golf footwear from adidas Golf. The design is a clear advancement from the traditional golf silhouette, and its lines, shapes and bold colours are an aggressive step in golf footwear. From the wrap to the transparent TPU outsole, one glance tells you that the Tour 360 is different from all other golf shoes on the market.
“The Tour 360 is the most innovative golf shoe that we have ever produced,” said Dave Ortley, global product manager for adidas Golf Footwear. “This product combines true athletic performance attributes with true golf performance attributes, which is what makes it more than another golf shoe – it makes it an essential piece of golf equipment.”
Initially, the Tour 360 will be available in three colour combinations starting in the autumn: black/black/metallic silver; running white/black/power red; running white/white/black. Two additional colour combinations are planned for release next spring. The recommended retail price is £119.99 / €199.00
adidas Golf www.adidasgolf.com