Ten BIGGA members will be flying to Florida in February for the Golf Industry Show courtesy of Bernhard.
They will be the 13th delegation but there’s nothing unlucky about the trip of a lifetime that awaits them. In 2014 the GIS is being held at the Orange County Convention Centre which the delegates will attend, taking advantage of the many educational opportunities as well as exploring the show. They will also be shown around golf courses in the area and meet some of the American superintendents.
BIGGA Chief Executive Jim Croxton said: “Bernhard and Company’s support of the BIGGA Delegation to GIS is both innovative and valuable to the Association and to the members who aspire to be a part of it. We are grateful to them for continuing with this excellent member benefit for so long and look forward to seeing how the successful Delegates come together and bond as a group in Orlando.
“As always the calibre of candidate was extremely high, the successful ten come from a variety of types of facility and from all sections of the membership. They are in for a fantastic career and personal development opportunity and will I am sure represent BIGGA with distinction.”
Here are the ten Delegates…
- Paul Armour – Head Greenkeeper, Lochgelly Golf Club
- Tom Brearley – Assistant Greenkeeper, Sunningdale Golf Club
- Dave Collins – Head Greenkeeper, Lickey Hills Golf Club
- John Entwistle – Head Greenkeeper, Roehampton Club
- Geoff Fenn – Course Manager, Bedford & CountyGolf Club
- Jaey Goodchild – Course Manager, Bowood Golf & Country Club
- Steve Hemsley – Head Greenkeeper, Bolton Old Links Golf Club
- Andrew Laing – Course Manager, Gaudet Luce Golf Club
- Paul Mills – Course Manager, Penn Golf Club
- Gavin Neill – Deputy Course Manager, St Andrews (New & Jubilee Courses)
The ten completed an application form explaining why they should be selected and went through a rigorous interview process. Commiserations to those who were not selected – please try again for a place next year! For more information on the delegates keep an eye on November’s Greenkeeper International, coming soon.
Bernhard and Company www.bernhard.co.uk