The Golf Heritage Society (https://www.golfheritage.org/) announces that it has changed its name, has elected new leadership and is broadening its reach throughout the greater golf community. The nonprofit entity, formerly known as the Golf Collectors Society, is inviting everyone who is passionate about golf to join the newly-expanded global organization.
At its recent annual meeting, Dr. Bern Bernacki of Pittsburgh, Pa., was elected president of the Golf Heritage Society (GHS) and Rob Rendely of Olney, Md., was elected vice president. Each will serve a two-year term.
“We welcome everyone who loves the game,” said Bernacki. “Our mission is to honor and preserve golf’s traditions and history – past, present and future.”
While golf collectors remain a vibrant segment of the GHS, increasingly diverse golf interests are included in its expanding membership: players of all ages, golf historians, hickory golf enthusiasts and golf course designers, as well as artists and writers. With about 860 members from 15 countries, the GHS embraces its expanding role in golf and welcomes all new members.
GHS membership benefits include:
- Camaraderie with fellow members at local, regional and national GHS gatherings
- The opportunity to buy, sell and trade golf collectibles at GHS trade shows and auctions
- The opportunity to play in hickory club tournaments
- The Society’s long-running quarterly journal, The Golf, replete with compelling features, articles and special guest contributors
- A monthly newsletter with updates, member news and interesting golf history side notes
- A website updated regularly with Members-only resources including an archive of past issues of the Society journal, information on golf collecting, links to fraternal golf history societies and other features
For more information or to join the Golf Heritage Society, visit www.GolfHeritage.org or contact Pete Georgiady, executive director, at 567-303-5584 or email@example.com