National Club Golfer will reveal their inaugural rankings list of GB&I’s Top 100 courses at a black-tie awards ceremony in November hosted by Andrew Cotter. The event will be held at the Royal Armouries, in Leeds, on Thursday November 21.
Guests will be entertained by the BBC’s golf commentator Cotter over a three-course dinner and will be able to:
- See the top 100 list revealed in full and the winners being congratulated
- Take the chance to network with representatives of the best courses in the British Isles and golfing connoisseurs
- Attend an educational session packed with tips to help your course climb up the rankings in the future – delivered by industry experts who have been there and done it
- Enjoy the surroundings of the Royal Armouries, with arms and armour from across the world and through time
- Play golf at the best courses in Leeds – Alwoodley (pictured above) and Moortown – the following day
- Take advantage of a discounted rate at a city-centre Leeds hotel
“These awards are a celebration of the very best golf courses in the British Isles and therefore the world,” said Tom Irwin, the commercial director of Sports Publications, who publish National Club Golfer.
“We know how proud golf club managers, professionals, greens staff, office staff, officials and members rightly are of their courses and this is a chance for them to enjoy the spotlight and meet like-minded golfers and golf clubs.
“We know how much interest there is in our first-ever GB&I top 100 and by attending these awards, you could be the first to find out what our panel have concluded.”
The NCG Top 100s are rapidly becoming established as the authoritative home of golf course rankings.
These definitive and authoritative rankings are overseen by courses and travel editor Chris Bertram and long-time NCG editor Dan Murphy. Between them, they have a combined 50 years’ experience of golf course assessment. Their knowledge is both unsurpassed and current.
Both have played every course that can be considered a GB&I Top 100 contender, most of them several times.
“We are not aiming to produce a list for the sake of controversy but rather one that will earn the respect of the discerning golfer,” said Dan Murphy.
“Our ranking lists aim to be accountable and transparent, so I look forward to showing this special GB&I list to our audience in person.
The NCG Top 100s awards will bring together NCG’s franchise of Top 100 products – the centrepieces of which are the ranking lists of the best courses in GB&I, England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales and Continental Europe.
The franchise already includes print magazine supplements, digital magazines, a dedicated website and a series of events at Top 100 courses.
Tickets are available now, priced at £95 with discounts available for booking a table of 10.
To book call 0113 289 3979 and to discuss sponsorship opportunities contact Tom firstname.lastname@example.org
National Club Golfer nationalclubgolfer.com
Lady Golfer lady-golfer.com