National Golf Month is a BGIA initiative funded by the Grow Golf Trustees targeted to bringing 100,000 extra golfers back to playing or trying golf in May 2014. It is free to all to be part of this unique event which brings nearly all major associations and golf suppliers into one concerted effort to change the trend and get more people playing golf in 2014.
Three Key Parts Drive National Golf Month:
1. Accessing Customers – Targeted though a comprehensive advertising campaign to get both lapsed and new players out playing golf in May 2014 there is a free Advertising and Marketing through media partner Bauer Media who will be running an advertising and marketing campaign in April which will run on through until the end of May with advertising in 23 printed publications and 26 national radio stations. Total media coverage of this campaign will go out to 23.7million, plus there will be further support through all advertising and marketing support from the partners. On top of this major initiative partners and BGIA members will be communicating through database, websites and social media to a further 3 million.
2. Suppliers – Being a supplier is free to all supporting Golf Clubs, DrivingRanges, and PGA Professionals who want to develop special and unique offers and deals targeted to the month of May. The main types of offers that golf clubs may wish to promote through the online system are as follows:
Get Golfing Again – targeted to get lapsed golfers playing golf again. These will be special offers and deals focused on getting lapsed golfers back playing on the course. Free or subsidised offers on green fees and return to golf events developed by golf clubs will be the driver of this promotion.
- Get into Golf – to promote new and follow on opportunities for participants to continue playing through structured coaching, playing and membership offers. This will promote the excellent programmes already offered by the England and Scotland Golf and Golf Union Wales.
- Coaching Experiences – targeted both lapsed and new golfers promoting specific coaching programmes delivered by PGA professionals. This is open for all PGA Professionals to present special coaching offers and deals targeted to both lapsed and new golfers. Foremost are our PGA partners for the coaching experiences and will be putting out special programmes for their members for NGM.
- Golf Club Open Days – to promote new membership opportunities these specific open days and taster sessions. Open to every golf club and driving range it is a great opportunity to invite lapsed and new golfers into your club and facility and host them and their families for the day. showing them all the facilities and offer.
3. Operation– Driven through a simple website www.nationalgolfmonth.com which brings customers and suppliers together where they will journey from the landing page to view offers and deals presented by the suppliers and then book their selected offer online. Padraig Harrington adds extra support and impact to the website by agreeing to be the face of the NGM website. It is a simple operation where suppliers will be pre-loaded onto the website enabling them to enter directly any special deal or programme they wish to offer to customers in the month of May. The website will interact between customer and supplier enabling confirmation vouchers to be printed confirming the customers requested offer.
“Golf industry support for National Golf Month is needed to help us hit our goals and targets,” says Douglas Poole – Project Director. “All the major Golf Unions and Associations, Golf Clubs, DrivingRanges, Golf Manufacturers and PGA Professionals have already signed up and working together with your support, we can change the trend and get more players on our courses having fun and enjoying this great game.
“NGM will only succeed if every supplier within the golf industry pulls together to change the decline in the number of golfers playing at present. Golf is fun and a game for life so let’s get more ladies, men, juniors and children out there playing in 2014. NGM looks forward to your support.”
For further details contact Doug Poole firstname.lastname@example.org