NGM 2016 returns in May, bigger and better than ever before. Here national organiser Doud Poole describes just a few of the things that will make this year’s event even more successful
- SUPPORT FROM THE GREATS OF GOLF
Paul McGinley, Ian Poulter, Mel Reid and Charley Hull have all pledged their support. They will be sharing their tips and news via NGM, including advice on how to get out and golf this year
- MASSIVE MEDIA EXPOSURE
Over 40 organisations across golf and golf media are committed to helping NGM2016 get people golfing, including Bauer Media Group, Talksport, Sky, Ping, Callaway, Nike and the European Tour
- 100,000 NEW, ACTIVE GOLFERS
It’s a lot of new golfers but we know we can do it. This year there are initiatives in place specifically to encourage more kids, women, families and lapsed golfers, all of which fall under three distinct programmes:
- Try Golf is aimed at new players with sessions run by Qualified PGA Professionals. These people have the knowledge to get people on the course, swinging a club and playing golf.
- RAP= ‘Return and Play’ helps lapsed players build on their skills and meet other aspiring golfers. We’ll see these people make great progress with the right advice (and attitude!) with just a couple of sessions. NGM2016 also gives these golfers the best Green Fee offers nearby to get them golfing again!
- IMPROVE helps good golfers get better! Learning new skills is key to reducing a handicap and National Golf Month can help here too. Our coaches will reinforce good habits and help see off the bad ones. NGM2016 also helps these golfers unearth new courses to challenge themselves.
We need your help; as someone working in golf you can sign up on our website to offer lessons, deals at your clubs, offers in your shop, whatever it is you do in golf, there is something you can do to help – and benefit from – National Golf Month, so sign up today.
As Captain of the European Team for The 2014 Ryder Cup Paul McGinley put it, “I am delighted to be supporting National Golf Month of May 2016. I would encourage everybody to get behind this project, get out and get golfing, as we endeavour to see more people enjoy the great benefits and fun that this game has to offer.”
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact Doug Poole at firstname.lastname@example.org
National Golf Month www.nationalgolfmonth.com