The introduction of The PGA of America’s new “Golf 2.0” strategic action plan is among a diverse new schedule of seminars designed to increase participation in and move forward the business of the game during the Education Conference of the 2011 PGA Expo, August 22-24, at the Venetian Resort Casino Hotel in Las Vegas.
The affordable education conference complements a full schedule of exhibits, main stage presentations, demonstrations, product testing and professional networking events at the annual industry business gathering.
“This year’s PGA Expo Education Conference features the most pressing golf business topics presented by proven experts in an affordable and convenient setting,” said PGA Golf Exhibitions Vice President John McGeary.
“We’re especially pleased that The PGA of America chose the PGA Expo to introduce Golf 2.0 which enables PGA Professionals and industry leaders to re-ignite participation and spending in golf in 2012.”
Each morning’s Education Conference will begin with an overview of The PGA’s Golf 2.0 ~ a strategic approach to growing golf participation that is being embraced by allied golf associations, golf equipment manufacturers, golf course owners and local PGA Professionals.
The PGA Expo Education Conference is a collaboration of The PGA of America, Association of Golf Merchandisers and PGA Golf Exhibitions and includes tracks on General Management, Golf Operations, Instruction/Player Development, Retail and Professional Enrichment.
- Performance Coaching
- Retail Software Workshop – Hands-On Learning & Instruction
- Manage & Balance Your Inventory in Less than an Hour
- How to Develop a Welcoming Service Model to Embrace Beginners & Build Customers
- Peak Performance Skill Development
- Unique Selling Proposition to Increase Club Usage
- Taking the Game into the Community to Find Customers
- Embrace Social Media in Everyday Business & Connect with Your Members
- Knowing your customer and deepening the engagement with Women
- Develop and Implement your Player Development Program for your Customers
- Successful Financial Planning
The education seminars will be presented each exhibition day of the 2011 PGA Expo, August 23 – 24, 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. in classrooms nearby the exhibition ballroom of the Venetian where more than 200 golf companies and brands will present and demonstrate their latest merchandise.
The PGA Expo is an industry-only event
A full conference pass is $150 for PGA Professionals; $175 for non-PGA Professionals. A daily pass is $99 for PGA Professionals; $125 for non-PGA Professionals. Single sessions are $50 for PGA Professionals; $60 for non-PGA Professionals.
PGA Professionals and industry leaders may register at www.pgaexpo.com