The British Golf Industry Association (BGIA), which is a trade Association under the Federation of Sports and Play Associations (FSPA), is looking to employ its first Executive Chair. The BGIA feel that the time is right to recruit an independent person to continue to raise the profile of the BGIA and ensure that the Association’s views are communicated to target audiences. The Chair will also work closely with key stakeholders and senior figures within the golf industry. The position has been advertised as follows:
The Federation of Sports and Play Associations is the national not-for-profit umbrella trade body representing and promoting the interests of 14 trade associations and over 500 member companies within the UK Sports and Play Sectors.
A new position of Executive Chair of the British Golf Industry Association (BGIA) which is a trade association under the FSPA has arisen – www.bgia.org.uk
Summary of Responsibilities
- Leadership and direction of the BGIA Executive Board. The Chair’s aim is to enable the Executive Board to fulfil their responsibilities.
- Continue to Raise the Profile of the BGIA, and ensure that the Associations views are communicated to target audiences and the media.
- Through the Executive Board to have overall strategic responsibility for BGIA.
- To represent the organisation externally with key stakeholders and with senior figures nationally.
- Commitment is up to 40 days per year, including contact via telephone/email with a daily rate of remuneration plus expenses.
If you are interested please email you cv with covering letter to Jane Montgomery, Managing Director, FSPA, Rural Innovation Centre, Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire CV8 2LG or Email: Jane@sportsandplay.com by Thursday 1st September 2016.
British Golf Industry Association (BGIA) www.bgia.org.uk