Leadingcourses.com has published the 2020 update of its 100 Best Golf Resorts in Europe.
The overall rank is 50% based on the rating of the golf club on Leadingcourses.com and 50% based on the Booking.com rating concerning the resort or hotel itself.
The Best Golf Resort in Europe in 2019 was Finca Cortesin in Spain, with users on Leadingcourses.com giving the golf club a rating of 9.1 out of a maximum possible 10, while Booking.com’s visitors rated the hotel a 9.7.
Runner-up was Trump Turnberry in Scotland, which dropped to second place from the previous year’s first with an overall rating of a 9.2. Portugal’s Monte Rei regained third place in the ranking, with its Jack Nicklaus-designed course receiving an overall rating of a 9.1.
A new feature of the rankings is that tee times at 50 of the 145 clubs in the list can be booked directly online on Leadingcourses.com.
LeadingCourses.com’s top 10 golf resorts in Europe
- Finca Cortesin Hotel Golf & Spa (Spain): 9.4
- Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort (Scotland): 9.2
- Monte Rei Golf & Country Club (Portugal): 9.1
- The Montgomerie Maxx Royal (Turkey): 9.05
- The Gleneagles Hotel (Scotland): 9.05
- Terre Blanche Hotel Spa Golf Resort (France): 9
- Golf De L’Isle Adam (France): 9
- PGA Catalunya Resort (Spain): 8.95
- Golf Club Budersand Sylt (Germany): 8.95
- Royal Bled (Slovenia): 8.95