Titleist and FootJoy brand ambassador Patrick Cantlay lifted his first FedEx Cup trophy this weekend after a birdie on the 72nd hole secured a one-stroke victory at the PGA Tour’s Tour Championship.
Playing a Titleist Pro V1x golf ball and playing with a full bag of Titleist equipment, the American fired four rounds in the 60s at East Lake, hitting 76 per cent of his greens in regulation (T1) and finishing second in Strokes Gained: Tee to Green (+6.45).
Cantlay’s end of season success epitomised another stellar year for Titleist, as the #1 brand in golf finished as the most played golf ball, driver, hybrid, utility iron, iron and wedge across the 51 events of the 2020-21 PGA TOUR season.
Plus, Titleist remains the only brand to ever sweep every major equipment category at a single event – a feat it achieved on five more occasions this season. In addition, the 2020-21 schedule also saw:
– Titleist golf ball players win 36 times – more than seven times that of the nearest competitor
– More PGA TOUR winners (15) played a Titleist driver than any other brand
– Titleist irons were in the bags of 12 winners – tied for the most wins by any brand
– 30 winners had at least one Vokey Design wedge in their bag
– Scotty Cameron putters were used to win 18 tour events – six more than the nearest competitor
FootJoy enjoyed a 40% share of the market among the top 30 players taking part in the Tour Championship, while the brand’s gloves were used by 30% of the field.