Club Car is an Official Supplier of The Ryder Cup, providing vehicles to support logistics at the event including transport, maintenance and greenkeeping, as well as delivering the iconic Team and Captain Cars in their patriotic colours that carry the Europeans and Americans into battle.
Here are 7 interesting facts about Club Car and the Ryder Cup:
- Club Car has been an Official Supplier to The Ryder Cup in Europe since 1997.
- For The 2018 Ryder Cup, Club Car has delivered a fleet of 550 cars to Le Golf National, Paris.
- The weight of the Club Car fleet that was shipped to Le Golf National this year is over 230 tonnes.
- If parked end to end, the fleet at Le Golf National would be as long as four Eiffel Towers laid on their sides (1.3km).
- The Club Car Ryder Cup fleet has helped to lay 200km of optical cable at Le Golf National in preparation for the 2018 event
- Five World No.1 golfers have laid claim to a Captain’s Car since the 1997 edition at Valderrama: Seve Ballesteros, Bernhard Langer, Ian Woosnam, Tom Lehman and Nick Faldo.
- Team Europe has not lost on European turf since Club Car became an Official Supplier in 1997.