For sale on the instructions of Eoin Ryan HLB McKeogh Gallagher Ryan, as Receiver, The Waterford Castle Hotel and Island (300 acres) including Waterford Castle Golf Course and 45 Garden Lodges, The Island, Waterford City, Ireland is offered through Colliers International with a Price Guide Excess €4.5m
Colliers international are proud to bring to the market this outstanding resort property which is being offered for sale by private treaty as a going concern.
It is believed that the first monastic settlement on the island dates from the 6th century and Maurice Fitzgerald, cousin of Strongbow, The English Earl of Pembroke sailed passed the Island and landed in Waterford in 1160. The Island subsequently became home to the Fitzgerald family for some 800 years and more recently has been developed as a hotel resort.
This exceptional property includes
- Historic 4 star castle hotel with 20 bedrooms
- 45 luxuriously appointed houses
- Highly regarded 18 hole championship golf course
- Planning granted for substantial extension to the hotel and function facilities
- Tremendous scope to develop the overall sporting facilities and offering
- Situated on the edge of Waterford City and accessed via a private ferry
- A truly unique island property with limitless potential
For further in formation on this exceptional opportunity and to access the brochure please click here.
Colliers International www.colliers.ie