Golf Manager required for Exclusive Golf Club in Portugal.
Golf Recruit are currently seeking applications for the position of Golf Manager/Director of Golf at an exclusive Hotel, Spa and Golf resort near Porto.
The Hotel and Spa will reopen as one of the Leading Hotels of The World and will attract a client base in line with the hotels 5 star brand. The Golf course is undergoing extensive renovations and redevelopment and the first phase is planned to open in July 2010.
Outline of Job
Pre-opening of the Golf facility the role will be as follows.
- To oversee the opening of the golf course, clubhouse, Proshop and academy. The first 9 holes and clubhouse will be opening in July 2010 and further 9 holes September 2010.
- To implement and manage a staff force in the following departments; ensuring the phasing in period is efficiently managed and training given.
- Golf Shop
- Professional, academy and range staff
- Course Marshalls
- Prepare a five year plan for the Golf operation incorporating all of the above departments
- Expose awareness of the Golf facilities to the local corporate market through business to business activities, networking, marketing and promotions.
- Achieve international recognition through marketing, promotions, networking, working with and alongside tour operators and travel agents
Reporting to the Hotel GM, this role will continue into the day to day managing of the Golf Facility ensuring brand standards and client satisfaction is achieved and exceeded at all times. You will be required to set annual budgets and prepare quarterly reports for the board of directors including fiscal reviews against budget and plans. You will be seen as the most senior figure in the golf department and will have direct control over all golf related business
- PGA or AGCM qualified
- At least 5 years experience as Director of Golf or Golf Club Manager
- Previous experience at a 4 or 5 star Golf facility
- Fluent in Portuguese and English and a good understanding of at least one other European language.
- Must be able to commence employment ASAP early December 2009 at the latest
For a full job description or to apply confidentially please send a full CV and covering letter to Tony Martin at Golf Recruit Ltd Tony.firstname.lastname@example.org