aboutGolf, Limited, leader in golf simulator and golf performance technology, announces the formation of its Board of Innovation, designed to guide and advise aboutGolf regarding research, development and market trends.
aboutGolf is proud to introduce the inaugural members of its Board of Innovation, professionals who are proficient in not only golf, but also engineering, aeronautics, biomechanics, golf course design, field operations, and golf product development and marketing.
The Board of Innovation is comprised of the following experts:
- Homero Blancas, former PGA TOUR Professional, Ryder Cup team member and member of Texas Golf Hall of Fame
- Martin Brouillette, professor of mechanical engineering at Université de Sherbrooke, Quebec
- Tom Fazio, owner of Tom Fazio Design and award-winning golf course designer
- Randy Henry, cofounder of Henry-Griffitts and club-fitting innovator
- Karen Palacios-Jansen, LPGA Teaching Professional and managing editor of Golf Fitness Magazine
- Sandra Palmer, Former U.S. Women’s Open Champion and founding member of Legends Tour
- Renee Powell, former LPGA Professional and head golf pro at Clearview Golf Course
- Jean-Jacques Rivet, Biomechanics professor at University of Aix-Marseille, France, working on swing optimization with professional golfers, including former Masters champion Trevor Immelman and Suzanne Pettersen
- Shane Wilding, founder and head professional of Wilding Golf Performance Centers
- Ben Witter, PGA Professional, Long Drive Champion and Golf Science Shot Artist
- Bill Bales, founder of aboutGolf and leading authority on indoor golf
“I am thrilled with the opportunity to work with such a talented and diverse group of golf industry experts and a leader and innovator in golf technology,” says Sandra Palmer. “And all for the purpose of helping improve and grow the game I love. There’s nothing better.”
The Board of Innovation will consult on new product development, provide prototype feedback, analyze market opportunities and contribute content to the aboutGolf blog.
“The expertise brought into our organization through the Board of Innovation gives an even better ability to respond to the needs of the market and push the envelope with what can be done with technology in the game of golf,” says Bob Ryan, Chairman and CEO of aboutGolf. “We are proud to have this all-star lineup helping us delight our customers and produce the world’s finest golf simulators.”