MH Systems’ Cobra, the next generation software system for golf club management, is currently being installed in golf clubs throughout the UK and is already proving to be years ahead of its nearest competitors, writes Charles de Haan.
Online technology has made huge inroads into the world of golf club management. While MH System’s previous system GCGold has been both highly successful and long-lived, it was clear that a complete new system that exploited the new online opportunities, as well as the ever-increasing power of Windows-based PCs, was the way forward.
Unlike other systems, MH Systems’ new Cobra software:
- works with any existing website supplier creating a fully integrated club management system
- provides a free smartphone optimised tool displaying real-time leaderboards and results, as well as allowing members to view and check their handicap records
- offers a much more powerful yet simple-to-use interactive tool to create and email reports
- uses the club’s own internal e-mail system rather than a third party’s web system, for creating and recording a full history and audit trail of all communications
- offers a new and revolutionary multi-tee competition facility, allowing a club to create and utilize any number of courses and tees for different player categories, but all within the same qualifying event.
Cobra’s CONGU 2012-ready
Cobra is the first system to be confirmed as ready for the new CONGU 2012 regulations. All current GCGold users need to do is have the new Cobra system installed and their past data is automatically transferred, so that clubs are ready for the new handicap calculations.
To date, 80% of MH Systems’ customers have already agreed to upgrade to Cobra, over 40 clubs have had the system installed and are ready forJanuary 2012, and all remaining GCGold users will have been converted by March of next year.
Making life even easier for members and managers
David Hesketh, Sales Director of MH Systems, is particularly pleased with customer feedback: “There are many new features for both members and managers, some of which are creating quite a stir. At the recent GCMA conference we demonstrated Cobra’s new online competition services and everyone was genuinely impressed, especially with the new facility where members can enhance their scores to create a shot-by-shot performance analysis.”
“It was the mobile phone-based features of the new Cobra system that really created a storm. Members can now check the leader board in real time, access the results and even see their own handicap record, all on their mobile phone. Also, as so many members now have smart phones, this capability will make it so much easier for the club to deliver important messages by e-mail or SMS.”
“I’m really pleased that clubs are looking to take advantage of web- and mobile-based technology. With an even more impressive range of services and features being released in the next couple of months for online subscriptions payments and bar account top ups, I think 2012 will be an exciting year for both our customers and for MH Systems.”
Getting ready for the challenges ahead
For more information about, and demonstrations of MH Systems’ new Cobra golf club management system, club managers are welcome to check out www.mhsystems.co.uk, speak to the MH Systems team on 01732 367 227, or e-mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org