Titleist’s new T-Series iron family – which will be available for fittings from today (July 29) and in Titleist authorised retailers worldwide from August 26 – consist of four models – T100, T100•S, T200 and T300, each of which features new materials, processes and refinements that power exacting precision, performance and unmatched feel.
Marni Ines, Director, Titleist Irons Development, Golf Club R&D, said: “T-Series irons are designed to provide precise control for any player who wants to score lower. From form to feel to function, every aspect of these irons is crafted towards the golfer being consistent from their first shot to their last throughout every round. Whether it is the T100, T100•S, T200 or T300, every iron is individually engineered to help the golfer deliver a strike where they can see and feel pure performance.”
Josh Talge, Vice President of Golf Club Marketing, added: “The new T-Series irons represent another step forward in Titleist iron design and technology. With these new irons, across the board, every detail matters. They provide the best precision and performance in their respective iron category with stunning aesthetics and feel. Golfers don’t buy an iron ‘line’, they want specialisation, and that’s what each of these models offer.”
T100 – THE MODERN TOUR IRON
Designed for the better player who is looking for precision control and unrivalled feel, the refinements found in the new T100 model are the product of continuous feedback from some of the best iron players in the game, including Jordan Spieth, Will Zalatoris, Sungjae Im, Cameron Smith, Garrick Higgo and Jessica Korda, among many others. It is the most played iron model on the PGA Tour for a reason, and with tour-validated improvements, now has even more reasons to stay on top.
A ‘player’s iron,’ the new T100 offers more precise flighting and control, fully forged feel, a more versatile sole design, and plays like the commanding and consistent field favourite it is on tour. The T100 irons are designed with a new tour-preferred brushed chrome finish.
T100 – PERFORMANCE & TECHNOLOGY
- New Tour-Designed Sole: By working with select tour professionals and in collaboration with the Vokey Design wedge team, Titleist engineers developed a new variable bounce design – less bounce in the heel and more bounce in the toe – that provides better turf interaction and improved feel. The design has been overwhelmingly validated by some of the world’s best ball strikers.
- Better Tungsten for Better Balance: Utilising a denser version of tungsten (D18) weights in the heel and toe of the three to seven irons for greater mass efficiency, and a brazing process used in aerospace construction, Titleist engineers were able to eliminate weld points and be even more precise with CG placement and produce high MOI in a ‘player’s iron.’
- Refined for Greater Consistency: The new T100 face features a continuous cradle construction that creates a seamless striking surface and more uniform leading edge. A proven, fully forged, dual cavity supports the face construction. The three to seven-iron faces were redesigned to impart slightly more spin for improved shot-shaping and increased control. The eight-PW are forged with one-piece 1025 carbon steel.
STEEL SHAFT: True Temper AMT Tour White (106-130g) GRAPHITE SHAFT: MCA Tensei White AM2 (94-108g) GRIP: Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360.
RRP: £164/£178 per club (st/gr)
Speaking about the T100 irons, Marni Ines said: “What sets these irons apart from the competition is the precision and feel they provide the golfer. Irons are scoring clubs and it is important to the T100 player to hit their number and hit it more consistently. With that as a priority, we took the best performing iron in the game and made it better by adding high density tungsten, which is the engine of our iron designs. It allows us to put the CG where it needs to be, provides stability and builds up MOI. The way this new T100 is engineered also allows us to keep that blade-like profile these golfers desire which is so important for confidence when looking down at their club.”
T100•S – THE FASTER TOUR IRON
Aimed at the player who wants the exact look and feel of a tour iron, but wants to hit it farther, the T100•S now boasts an even closer connection to everything the world’s best players prefer in the T100, only more. Featuring a fully forged feel, tour-shaping, a more versatile sole design, and precise flighting, the new T100•S is engineered with two degrees stronger lofts and a new Muscle Channel that produces enhanced ball speed and launch while preserving precise touch, control and stopping power. It is the faster tour iron.
- T100•S – PERFORMANCE & TECHNOLOGY
- Same Tour Shape. Only Faster: The new T100•S head dimensions exactly match the specs of the T100, with the exception of being engineered, not bent, two degrees stronger. The T100•S features the same fully forged face, backed by an innovative Muscle Channel that adds both speed and launch. At impact, the T100s feels amazingly similar to the T100 with the only difference being added distance.
- Better Tungsten for Better Performance: Utilising denser D18 tungsten weights and a brazing process used in aerospace construction, the T100•S irons feature the same precise CG calibration as T100. Weight savings from the Muscle Channel are shifted to produce even lower CG and higher launch, resulting in outstanding MOI and increased ball speed from a solid, fully forged design.
- Refined for Greater Consistency: Like the T100, the new T100•S face features a continuous cradle construction that creates a seamless striking surface and more uniform leading edge. This small, but impactful shift, separates the precision of Titleist irons production from the competition. A proven, fully forged, dual cavity supports the face construction. The three to seven-iron faces were redesigned to impart slightly more spin for improved shot-shaping and increased control. The eight-PW are forged with one-piece 1025 carbon steel.
STEEL SHAFT: Project X LZ GRAPHITE SHAFT: MCA Tensei White AM2 (94-108g).
GRIP: Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 RRP: £164/£178 per club (st/gr)
Discussing the new T100•S irons, Marni Ines said: “The uniqueness of the T100•S comes from the fact that we engineered the two degrees stronger loft into the iron rather than just bend them. The reason for this is to keep the integrity of the sole and optimise its performance through the turf. That would be lost by simply bending a T100. In addition, the ‘S’ represents ‘speed’ and the new Muscle Channel delivers it through the long and mid irons by providing longer distance, tighter dispersion and higher angle of descent for greater consistency and scoring opportunities. It has the same look and feel of the T100 but longer flight for those who want it.”
T200 – DISTANCE WITH FORGED FEEL & CONTROL
For the player who wants distance help, without sacrificing looks, forged feel, trajectory or stopping power, the T200 iron evolution represents the biggest shift within the T-Series family.
With 10 different patents utilised in the new T200, it is Titleist’s most advanced iron ever. Titleist Golf Club Research and Development took all the best of the previous generation T200, then streamlined the Max Impact technology, utilised denser tungsten weighting, and updated the shape with reduced offset, a thinner topline and shorter blade profile. The result is a sleek look with stunning distance. Every element of the multi-material construction is engineered to create maximum speed with tour-validated feel and distance control.
- T200 | PERFORMANCE & TECHNOLOGY
- Power Packed Design: Every component of the multi-material hollow body construction contributes to the long, consistent distance of the T200. The improved Max Impact Technology (Max Impact 2.0) now includes a core support design and an enhanced high resilience polymer core that improves both off-center speed and mass efficiency at impact across a forged, high COR SUP-10 L-Face Insert.
- Multi-Material Body: An engineered muscle plate contributes to precision sound tuning and saves weight which is optimised in the new, streamlined 17-4 chassis. A shorter blade length, less offset (same as T100), narrower topline and thinner sole, provides a tour-inspired look and feel while delivering maximum speed and distance.
- Better Tungsten for Better Progression: Utilising denser D18 tungsten weights in the 3-7 irons for greater mass efficiency, and a brazing process used in aerospace construction, Titleist engineers were able to position the CG more precisely for maximum benefit in every club – from fast, forgiving, high launching long and mid irons to accurate, precise short irons.
STEEL SHAFT: True Temper AMT Black (95-116g) GRAPHITE SHAFT: MCA Tensei Blue AM2 (74-88g) GRIP: Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 RRP: £164/£178 per club (st/gr)
Discussing the new T200 irons, Marni Ines said: “All of that ‘Max Impact’ technology, and more, is now ‘under the hood’ in the new T200, so it looks and feels like a tour-played
iron but has the game improvement qualities preferred or required by this golfer. With the evolution of Max Impact, we were able to include an Engineered Muscle Plate that allowed us to free up weight and add lightweight polymer and over 100g of high-density tungsten to the design. The result was extremely high MOI properties at tour inspired blade lengths which allows the iron face to return more energy to the golf ball on off-centre shots and produce tighter dispersion and more consistent distance.”
T300 | THE ULTIMATE GAME IMPROVEMENT IRON
For the player who wants high launch, long distance, and forgiveness they can count on. The player’s game improvement iron, the new T300 continues to be powered by updated Max Impact technology that maximises speed across a new variable face thickness (VFT) design. The extremely forgiving mid-sized, fast, cavity-back design includes a 40 percent increase in tungsten that improves CG placement for optimal launch, spin and high MOI. The size and shape of the T300 is designed to provide confidence, while a new chrome plated finish provides a premium look.
- T300 | PERFORMANCE & TECHNOLOGY
- Muscle Under the Hood: Locked behind the T300 badge lies a hidden power source – Max Impact 2.0. A Cantilever Core Support Structure features a new high resilience polymer core, delivering maximum speed and distance control.
- Better Tungsten for Better Performance: The high-density tungsten (D18) weights are utilised in the heel and toe of the four to seven irons for greater mass efficiency. In addition, Titleist engineers were able to add 40 percent more tungsten than was in the previous generation T300 through a brazing process applied from aerospace construction usually reserved for tour-played irons. This contributes to a solid-feeling, advanced design that produces the optimal balance of launch, distance and forgiveness.
- Thinner Where it Counts: The T300 now employs a High COR Variable Face Design that is thinner towards the heel in the long and mid irons to improve performance at what is traditionally one of the least effective strike points.
STEEL SHAFT: True Temper AMT Red (95-107g) GRAPHITE SHAFT: MCA Tensei Red AM2 (54-68g) GRIP: Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360. RRP: £128/£142 per club (st/gr)
Speaking about the T300 irons, Marni Ines said: “The T300 is the ultimate Titleist game improvement iron. It is for the golfer who wants high launch, long distance and forgiveness, and wants to see the technology they are using. This model utilises the Max Impact 2.0 technology which is featured in a sleek, clean package at address for which Titleist irons are known. The design team retained the offset, shape and size, but was able to add 40 percent more tungsten to this iron, precisely lower the CG and meet the performance needs of this golfer.”
T-SERIES ON TOUR
Many of the world’s best players, including Jordan Spieth, Justin Thomas, Cameron Smith, Will Zalatoris, Sungjae Im, Garrick Higgo and Jessica Korda, have added new T-Series irons to their bags since the new models debuted on tour in late June.
Jordan Spieth put a full set of new T100’s (4-9) immediately in play at the Open Championship, his first start after the new models were introduced on tour. He promptly shot a 5-under par 65 en route to four consecutive rounds in the 60s and a runner-up finish.
Jessica Korda was one of the first players to hit final T-Series prototypes during a trip to the Titleist Performance Institute in early 2021. She put her new T200 4-iron and T100 (5-9) irons right in the bag at the LPGA’s Marathon Classic.