The new range of Scotty Cameron Special Select putters blends timeless designs with modern craftsmanship to deliver tour-validated performance in eight new precision milled blade and mid-mallet designs.
On sale from March 27, the range features sleeker putter head profiles with thinner and flatter toplines, refined neck configurations, soft tri-soles and performance-balanced weighting.
Each putter has been completely reworked, including the classic Newport, Newport 2 and Newport 2.5 blade styles. A refined Del Mar joins the new Fastback 1.5, Squareback 2, Flowback 5 and Flowback 5.5 mid-mallet models.
Speaking about the latest output from his design studio, Scotty Cameron said: “I’m always inspired by the putters that result from working directly with the best players in the world. With Special Select, I wanted to get back to the pure-milled shapes and faces that I’ve been crafting for tour players for over two decades now. We’ve brought those designs into the modern era with new setups, necks, faces, grips and weights. Every aspect of every putter has been redone. When it all came together, it was pretty special.”
TECHNOLOGY & PERFORMANCE BENEFITS:
- TOUR-INSPIRED SHAPES: Sleeker head profiles with thinner, flatter towlines offer confidence-inspiring looks.
- SOLID MILLED STAINLESS-STEEL CONSTRUCTION: Every head is milled from a block of solid 303 stainless steel for playability with consistent sound and soft feel.
- SOFT TRI-SOLE DESIGN: SS blade models are milled with a soft tri-sole design which promotes a proper setup at address while providing an aesthetically pleasing view of the topline.
- PERFORMANCE BALANCED WEIGHTING: New performance balanced weighting expands on the use of interchangeable, customisable sole weights to tune the performance and feel of putters at all lengths. By directing more weight to the heel and toe, the sweet spot is enlarged and stability is enhanced without compromising feel or each model’s unique toe flow properties. The blades come with new tungsten sole weights, while the mid-mallets feature stainless steel sole weights for optimal balance and weight distribution.
- REFINED NECK CONFIGURATIONS: The Newport and Newport 2 models feature a slightly shorter plumbing neck for medium toe flow, with a newly-defined socket radius repositioned with onset to provide clearer visibility of the leading edge at address. The Newport 2.5 and Fastback 1.5 each have a refined, toe flow promoting small slant neck, while the rounded Flowback 5.5 comes with a new slantback neck for similar strokes. The heel-shafted Del Mar’s flow neck is designed for maximum toe flow. The Flowback 5 limits toe flow with a more traditional mid-bend, shaft-over-spud setup.
Each Special Select putter is fitted with a new Pistolini Plus grip which features a slightly built up lower hand profile.
RRP: £380. On sale date: March 27. For more details, visit www.scottycameron.com and click here to see a video of the new range.