Titleist has launched a new range of Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls that have been designed specifically to enhance the data capture of launch conditions for indoor studios and deliver the most accurate information possible.
Developed by Titleist Golf Ball R&D engineers and validated in collaboration with a team of TrackMan experts, Pro V1 and Pro V1x RCT golf balls improve the TrackMan experience for indoor custom fitting specialists; coaches and instructors; and Tour professionals and golfers seeking precision data capture from their indoor practice sessions.
The new balls remove the need to apply reflective markers on the ball or orientate the ball in a specific position on the hitting mat in order to gather launch data.
Jeremy Stone, Vice President of Titleist Golf Ball Marketing, said:“Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x RCT golf balls combine the game’s greatest combination of speed, spin, and feel with new technology that more consistently captures precision performance and golf ball data from TrackMan units used in an indoor setting. We have worked closely with TrackMan for more than two years to optimise this embedded radar reflective, patent pending technology. The result is a reliably strong ‘signal’ that enables spin capture on all shots.”
Klaus Eldrup-Jorgensen, TrackMan CEO and co-founder, said: “We’re delighted to partner with Acushnet on the launch of the Pro V1 and Pro V1x RCT golf balls. Titleist is a brand that goes to extraordinary heights to ensure the premium quality and performance of its products and that mirrors TrackMan’s approach to technology, innovation and development.”
PRO V1 RADAR CAPTURE TECHNOLOGY
Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x RCT models offer the same design, quality and performance as Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls but with the enhanced benefit of indoor radar signal capture:
• Pro V1 and Pro V1x RCT do not require application of reflective spin markers or precision orientation, benefitting indoor-only and seasonal golf facilities that operate a TrackMan simulator and enhancing the golfer experience.
• Testing of Pro V1 and Pro V1x RCT models shows a 99% signal capture that delivers true spin, resulting in even more accurate carry and total distance calculations.
• Spin is critical to deliver an accurate data set indoors, contributing to key data points such as peak height, angle of descent, carry distance, roll out, and overall distance.
• RCT has enabled TrackMan to improve the spin detection algorithm to require less ball flight to measure spin rate, benefiting, in particular, high ball speed/low spin rate scenarios.
• Pro V1 RCT ball models conform with USGA and R&A rules.
Availability: Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x RCT golf balls will be available through authorised Titleist trade partners in UK & Eire this autumn with global distribution to follow in April 2022.