Building upon its position as the long-standing leader in the distance and performance value golf ball category, Pinnacle seems set for a strong year in 2010 thanks to the introduction of its new five-model family, including an exciting new microbrand, the Pinnacle Dimension. The new line-up is already enjoying strong consumer interest as the season gets underway and comes on the back of another successful year in 2009 underlining Pinnacle’s position as the top choice for value-conscious golfers who seek distance, quality and performance.
Pinnacle continues to record high market shares within the Value Grade category, according to the most recent Golf Datatech UK retail audit for Jan-Dec 2009.
The main highlights are:
- In the Value Grade segment the Pinnacle range of golf balls has a combined Unit Share of 40.4% more than two and a half times that of its nearest competitor with 15.1%.
- When this sector is broken down into individual models, Pinnacle Gold comes out on top with a 27% share , more than two and a half times that of its nearest competitor with 10.7%
- The Pinnacle brand continues to be one of the top selling across all categories; Pinnacle is in a solid fourth position with 8.7% of the Unit Share, behind market leading sister company Titleist and two other brands.
- Pinnacle’s fourth place sees them ahead of four high profile companies in the rankings underlining the huge appeal and loyal following the brand enjoys in the UK
- Across all categories Pinnacle Gold is the 5th biggest selling golf ball model in the UK
The Pinnacle franchise has been given fresh impetus with an all-new line-up for 2010, led by the Pinnacle Dimension which offers golfers the legendary Pinnacle distance with cut-proof durability and exceptional greenside feel. Benefiting from large, soft core technology, the Pinnacle Dimension provides a high initial velocity to maximise distance, and benefits from a high coverage dimple design for a consistent ball flight with minimum dispersion.
Pinnacle has also launched updated versions of the legendary Pinnacle Gold franchise for 2010, namely the Pinnacle Gold Distance, which offers golfers who prioritise distance the ultimate long game ball, and Pinnacle Gold Precision, offering Pinnacle distance with feel on all shots and improved accuracy. New Pinnacle Lady and Pinnacle Lady Lavender balls complete Pinnacle’s range for 2010, offering value conscious women golfers exceptional Pinnacle distance and soft feel in traditional white or a new lavender pearl cover.
The new Pinnacle Dimension is available now with SRP £11.50 per dozen. The new Pinnacle Gold Distance and Pinnacle Gold Precision are sold in 15-ball packs with SRP £12. Pinnacle Lady and Pinnacle Lady Lavender complete the 2010 range and are also sold in 15-ball packs with SRP £12.