OnGolf, the golf industry’s leading and first cloud-based performance optimization platform for improving golf course management, announce the release of OnGolf 2.0, the next generation of its successful inaugural version 1.0. The innovative platform offers numerous new capabilities including the industry’s most precise and accurate weather forecasting through a recently announced partnership with IBM/The Weather Company, improved data views, more robust and shareable reporting and correlated data threshold alerting. OnGolf 2.0 is now available to the entire golf industry.
“OnGolf 2.0 was developed to provide our customers and users at every level, a simple and seamless experience in viewing critical course and economic data and managing their platform from one place,” said OnGolf Founder & CEO Walt Norley. “We’ve improved OnGolf’s automated reporting capabilities to be shareable and accessible by permission to users or viewers in the organization. 2.0 also has the capabilities to serve as a reliable early warning system for economic and agronomic decisions for golf course operators.”
The integration of IBM/The Weather Company’s accurate weather forecasting into OnGolf 2.0 will allow for course operators to correlate weather intelligence with other operational practices and course conditions such as water, soil, pesticide, nutrient, and labor management. This not only leads to reductions in water, chemical and labor costs, but also improved playing conditions leading to increased member/customer retention and increased revenues.
Additional capabilities of OnGolf 2.0 include:
- A macro data view of the entire course – including weather – all essential key course costs on a real time basis, agronomic conditions, rounds played and the final product – playing conditions
- Sorting by data category, course location and time snapshots
- Overview of data, and glance-able views to costs, health, weather and playing conditions
- Detailed views automatically display current conditions compared to historical conditions
- Predefined and shareable operational and agronomic reports
- Threshold text or email alerts for multiple data sets: e.g., labor overtime with falling humidity levels
- Organizational hierarchy at various levels for multiple course managers, facility/course managers, or course-specific
OnGolf 2.0 aimed to create the values that existing customers needed, and as such, the development process required a new team. The product development team for OnGolf 2.0 was assembled with professionals who have successfully developed consumer-friendly mobile and web software platforms for USGA GHIN, the U.S. and International Olympic Committees and GolfNow, among others. The result, OnGolf 2.0, is extremely user friendly and easy to manage at all levels of the golf course, club, and organization.
OnGolf, introduced in June 2015, provides a new golf course operating solution which leads to cost-saving measures for course operators. In less than two golf seasons, OnGolf has identified more than $1 million in cost savings for its customers.
OnGolf was founded on the principle of “more with less” and data-system integration with significant input from industry veterans Matt Shaffer, Director of Grounds at Merion Golf Club, and Shawn Emerson, the Director of Grounds for Desert Mountain Golf Club. The initial 1.0 technology was developed for the agricultural industry, and now 2.0 reflects the unique needs in golf course management.
OnGolf 2.0 www.ongolfusa.com