Motocaddy has expanded its range of power trolleys featuring GPS capability from two to five models, while also becoming the first brand to introduce cellular connectivity on its premium electric trolleys.
Following a record-breaking 2020, which saw both sales and turnover hit unprecedented levels, the electric trolley and bag range is being updated to include:
- A cellular upgrade on the M5 GPS trolley – enabling new and existing owners to access more advanced course mapping, real-time updates and performance tracking.
- A brand-new M3 GPS model – featuring a smart touchscreen display and technological features similar to those found on the world’s first touchscreen GPS electric model – the hugely-popular M5 GPS.
- A restyled handle on the M7 REMOTE – offering a wide-screen display incorporating new graphics and remote handset battery level.
- Significant upgrades to the premium M-TECH model – including a super-responsive touchscreen GPS screen and cellular connectivity (like the M5 GPS) with smartphone notifications added to the genuine leather handle grips, chrome detailing and other luxury finishes.
- Downhill taking control – DHC capability has been extended across the range, following significant growth in popularity. The pioneering technology allows trolleys to maintain a constant speed while moving down a gradient – thanks to a special single motor that offers downhill braking, coupled with an electronic parking brake;
- Aesthetic improvements to every M-Series model – including new slimline wheels, styling enhancements & significant upgrades to screen technologies.
- A brand new S1 trolley model to be launched in the summer.
- Two new cart bags added to the range, making six in total, along with the HydroFLEX waterproof stand bag.
“This year is shaping up to be the biggest in Motocaddy’s history – beating last year, which itself saw record growth despite the challenges brought about by the COVID pandemic,” said CEO John Helas. “Demand for even more innovative technology to be integrated into reliable powered trolleys has seen us review our product development plans and speed up the timetable for launching exciting initiatives to take the powered trolley market to the next level.
“Cellular connectivity is something new to the market that we’re really excited to be introducing this year. As part of our product development roadmap, we included cellular capabilities within all the M5 GPS models sold last year to futureproof the product, and it will allow us to offer a range of cutting-edge features that start to utilise this exciting new technology.
He added: “Taking a longer-term strategic approach has allowed us to package the features into a great value subscription service – another first in the electric trolley sector – allowing golfers to unlock extra advanced features like full hole mapping and performance tracking. Real-time software updates can also be installed at the touch of a button to provide users with the most up-to-date features and GPS information wherever they are.”
Other new products will also be added this year, including a second rangefinder to partner with the PRO 3000 Laser.
As the biggest supplier of push trolleys in the UK, Motocaddy continues with three popular models in 2021, each boasting a modern design, game-enhancing features and generous storage options. The models are the compact-folding CUBE; the feature-packed P1, and the entry-level Z1.
Behind the scenes, an expansion of the Motocaddy senior management team has seen Ian Gell appointed in the newly created role of Director of Engineering & Technology. A former Dyson concept engineer, he will oversee further hi-tech innovations in the trolley sector.
Motocaddy has expanded into the US market over the past 12 months, having set up a new subsidiary in Carlsbad with offices and warehousing, plus a dedicated sales team. It has also recently opened a new, larger warehouse in Germany to meet growing demand across Continental Europe and assist with changes brought about by Brexit.
“The technological advancements we’re seeing now are the direct result of the investment made in the company by Ethos Partners since 2019,” said Helas. “With their support, we intend to continue to expediate global growth, while introducing more exciting new products and technologies with the reliability that our customers have come to expect.”