Puma Golf’s new Ignite Proadapt shoes were designed in conjunction with the brand’s headline tour ambassador Rickie Fowler, who wore them during his recent victory at the Waste Management Phoenix Open.
Boasting Tour-proven stability, unparalleled traction and extreme comfort, the Proadapt shoe features full-grain leather uppers, while the outsole features Dual-Durometer Tornado cleats, which deliver excellent traction, along with torsional stability provided from the full-length TPU outsole.
Andrew Lawson, Footwear Product Line Manager at PUMA Golf, said: “During the footwear design and creation process, we work with our Tour team, utilising their feedback to deliver shoes that reflect the feel and performance desired by the best golfers in the world. Rickie was involved from the earliest stages of design, expressing his desire for an upper that provides a ton of support with premium styling. Better players will love these shoes as they offer comfort, maximum stability, ground traction and motion control through your golf swing.”
The Ignite Proadapt shoe, which comes with a one-year waterproof warranty, features a wide range of Puma technologies, including:
- Pro-Fit Insole– An ultra-soft, yet supportive PU insole that provides excellent fit, performance and long-lasting comfort on the course.
- Adaptive Fit System– Dual-layer, decoupled collar construction utilizes premium full-grain leather materials and a molded comfort collar to provide the comfort of a running shoe, but the look of a high-end leather shoe.
- Atlantis Leather Upper– Ultra-premium, full-grain leather upper delivers soft feel, enhanced quality and sophisticated look.
- IGNITE Foam– Proprietary PU foam provides ideal energy return, responsive comfort, stable cushioning and superior step-in comfort eliminating typical new footwear break-in period.
- Pro-Form TPU– Premium TPU Outsole compound delivers high performance, grip and abrasion resistance on all surfaces.
- Tornado Cleat– a dual talon, low-profile cleat provides excellent traction and long-lasting abrasion resistance, and is easy to change out using the Fast Twist 3.0 system.
They are available in three colour options – White/Grey Violet, Black/Dark Shadow and Grey Violet/White – and have an RRP of £150. They go on sale from March 15.