Club Car, the world’s largest manufacturer of small-wheel, zero-emissions electric vehicles, has unveiled the third generation of the company’s flagship line of Precedent vehicles and the first golf car equipped with built-in ‘connected’ technology – the Precedent i3.
The latest version of Club Car’s Precedent golf car offers, as standard, a fitted screen that connects the vehicle to the golf operation – including the golf shop and maintenance facility– communicating fleet performance information and diagnostics, which an operator can now access via smartphone, tablet and computer.
The new car builds on the technology Club Car pioneered with the Visage Mobile Information System in 2004, enabling operators to receive, in real time, enhanced information on battery status, service notifications and detailed diagnostics that can mitigate and prevent maintenance issues.
The system also enables golfers to receive overview displays of each hole, electronic scorecards and hole-by-hole information, as well as weather alerts and other messages from the golf shop.
“Machines that interact with the businesses and customers they were designed to serve become more than just machines. Effectively, they are smart tools capable of supporting business objectives, which is what makes the new Precedent i3 a true business resource for our customers,” said Club Car President and CEO Marc Dufour.
“Properly leveraged information is the competitive difference in most businesses today,” he continued. “The information Precedent i3 provides gives operators more control of their operation, which can lead to a more successful business.”
Other feature and design enhancements delivered bythe new golf car’s ‘connected’ technology include:
- Enhanced Mapping–interactive Google maps with 3D view and rotation
- 3G cellular communication –upgraded from 2G/GPRS communication
- Dynamic Info Holder – enhanced welcome screen with ability to communicate important daily course information to golfers electronically
- Enhanced Vehicle Information
- Odometer –total miles driven and/or battery amp hours consumed
- Serial number and model year – vehicle SN and manufacture date automatically populated on Precedent electric vehicles by Club Car’s recently launched, more efficient charger, E.R.I.C., and manually populated on all other cars
- Vehicle Grouping – ability to view vehicles by groups to better manage a fleet: vehicles in use, vehicles on-charge or by vehicle type (Golf Car/Beverage Cart/etc.)
- Messaging and Alerts Console – easy viewing of vehicle diagnostics, battery status, geo-fence and other alerts, sorted by severity
- Enhanced Tracking Application–upgraded “Find Car” feature,which allows live on-and off-course tracking. (Previously,the application only provided last known location.)
- Improved F&B Reporting – graphical F&B and usage reports with convenient monthly, quarterly and yearly displays
- Enhanced Pace Reporting – real-time pace update and course management tool with graphical usage reports for managing total course pace and improving customer experience
“The company’s driving force for more than 50 years has been a commitment to the highest quality golf, utility and transportation vehicles that enhance the enjoyment of the game for millions of golfers, while helping course owners and managers operate more efficiently – and we believe with the Precedent i3 and our new range of Carryall® Utility and Transport vehicles we are fulfilling our commitment,” added Marc Dufour.
Club Car’s new Precedent i3 model complements the company’s popular i2 and i2L ranges, and will have a phased roll-out in selected EMEIA countries.
As an Official Sponsor of The European Tour,Club Car is also the Official Supplier of Golf Cars and Utility Vehicles to The 2014 Ryder Cup and will be in action later this year at the Gleneagles Hotel in Scotland.
Club Car www.clubcar.tv