adidas Golf has launched the next generation of the Tour360 shoe which was first introduced to the golf market 17 years ago.
The 2022 model focus on two key areas – fit and traction. From the ground up, it features a Feet You Wear last, serving as the foundation for a new TOUR360 FIT, while a new direct-injected SPIKEMORE traction system will help golfers stay locked-in and increase confidence with every swing.
The upper features premium rich leather (one-year waterproof warranty), microfibre and textiles that incorporate recycled materials.
“The TOUR360 is synonymous with pinnacle technology and premium materials, and we remained true to that throughout the design process of this new model,” said Masun Denison, global footwear director, adidas Golf. “Golfers will instantly notice a more natural fit that offers better stability, better traction and amazing comfort. I’ve been a part of the creation of every model of the TOUR360, so I can confidently say that this is our best-performing model we have ever introduced.
“With so much lateral movement and weight transfer in the golf swing, we were intrigued with the use-cases that our brand’s Feet You Wear last had to offer. We first introduced Feet You Wear in 1996. The design mimics the natural shape of the foot, ultimately helping to create a better connection with the ground and accommodate the natural movements of the foot in all directions. Knowing how important the ground is in the golf swing, an added benefit of using the Feet You Wear last helps golfers utilize this connection with the ground to generate power more easily in the swing. The design truly hugs and cradles the natural contours of the foot to optimize performance.”
Features & Benefits
- DUALSTACK Midsole – We combined the comfort of our full-length BOOST cushioning with an EVA stability frame. This EVA stability frame is a horseshoe-shaped piece that surrounds our full-length BOOST with EVA chassis, strategically placed on the perimeter of the forefoot to provide golfers with lightweight stability, comfort and performance. It’s our most technical and advanced midsole that we have ever offered. The benefits are not easily seen, but certainly felt.
- GEOFIT Collar Pad – Designed to enhance the fit and feel on the top of the foot, this piece gently conforms to the individual to provide a more personalized and comfortable fit.
- 3D TORSION SYSTEM – Targeted stability in the midfoot, this mold plate enhances the connection with the ground while also helping to stabilize footwork throughout the swing.
- INSITE Sockliner – Working in tandem with the Feet You Wear last, this sockliner cradles the contours of the foot, especially in the heel, to provide enhanced cushioning, comfort, and support.
- SPIKEMORE – The TOUR360 22 features cleats directly injected onto the TPU base. This provides more precise locations and enables the size and density of the cleats to be adjusted depending on where it sits on the outsole. Each cleat also includes a centre cone, which helps to improve overall grip.
- BOA Fit System – A new BOA Fit system features micro-adjustable Li2 dial wraps around the heel, locking the foot into place while providing customized fit. The BOA model also features a sockfit construction, designed to give golfers ultimate support, stability, and confidence.
Talking about the new Tour360 shoe, PGA Tour star Xander Schauffele said: “I got to see first-hand how much detail went into bringing this shoe to life and that was a really unique learning experience. Footwear is so important in the golf swing, but it can also help boost confidence. After spending quite a bit of time testing the TOUR360 22, I know golfers will feel a higher level of stability, traction and comfort, which are things we all need from our footwear out on the course so that we can perform our best.”
Dustin Johnson added: “I’ve worn almost every model of TOUR360 since I started my career and I’m always amazed at how the footwear team continues to raise the bar year after year. I really like the design and style with this new model, but the traction, feel and comfort I get definitely make this the best version of the TOUR360 that I’ve ever worn.”
There are five models available – laced and BOA in men’s and women’s, and laced for juniors. The men’s laced comes in white/orange/blue, black/white, white/grey, with the BOA range in white/orange/blue, white/grey/red and black/green/white. The women’s laced range comes in white/orange/blue, white/grey and grey/white/mint, with the BOA in white/orange/blue, grey/white/mint and white/orange. The junior models come in white/orange/blue and black/white/green.
The Tour360 22 will be available at adidas.co.uk, from the adidas app and in stores from January 28, priced £160 for men’s (sizes 6.5-12) and women’s (3.5-8.5) and £65 for juniors (1-6). The BOA models will be available from March 1.