Consumer golf website GolfShake.com has released an infographic highlighting the key trends that have emerged during 2020 among the UK golf community.
The site most recently asked its readers to reflect on their habits in relation to golf equipment spending, and spending habits in relation to golf in general since the game resumed earlier in the year. The results, which were published in August, included the following stats:
- 64% had been in the bar or clubhouse
- 58% of members had played in a club competition
- 32% had played in an event, society or away day
- 43% had played a new golf course for the first time
- 25% had purchased new golf clubs
- 49% had purchased new golf balls
- 26% had purchased a golf product; trolley, bag, DMD, etc
- 56% had purchases golf accessories; tees, gloves, etc
- 25% had purchased new golf shoes
- 43% had purchased new golf apparel; clothing, cap, etc
- 21% had had a golf lesson
For a complete list of Golfshake.com’s surveys from 2020, click here.