Australasia’s first and only online golf industry network, www.GolfIndustryCentral.com.au, has just been launched to connect the golf industry with a range of free services including up-to-date industry advice, an online industry forum, links to golf-related businesses, classifieds with golf items for sale, and careers pages with positions available in golf.
The site was designed to help anyone interested in golf save time finding relevant industry information. It is also a networking portal for golf industry professionals from all fields about golf-related topics.
Visitors to the Golf Industry Central website can:
• Access web links for golf suppliers, governing bodies, media and relevant topics in the Australasian golf industry,
• Search the Golf Yellow Pages to find golf-related businesses in their area,
• Submit or forward golf-related articles to share on the website,
• Place free advertisements about golf-related supplies for sale or items wanted in the classifieds section,
• Post available job positions or advertise to find a new career opportunity,
• Have a say on industry issues in the online forum, share ideas and network,
• Read about and discuss environmental issues impacting the golf industry, and
• Get golf-industry related news and the latest operational advice.
Golf Industry Central’s Director Mike Orloff is a business consultant who specialises in golf course operations. His 19 years of experience in golf course management is with two of the biggest international golf management companies, American Golf Corporation and ClubCorp, for various levels of facilities from 2-star to 5-star operations in the USA and Australia.
“Everyone is invited to get involved and use the website, no matter what your role is in the industry, or even if you just have an interest in golf,” said Mr Orloff.
“The golf industry in this region is pretty fragmented and there is not a lot of cross-pollination of ideas between the different operational sectors. www.GolfIndustryCentral.com.au invites visitors to share ideas and discuss current issues and challenges being faced throughout the industry. It is only through free-flowing discussion and sharing of ideas that the industry will become stronger.”
In each month and year listed below every article that has ever appeared in golfbusinessnews is reproduced in reverse date order.