Back in September, The PGA announced details of its new 2020 Vision initiative that represents one of the most significant changes to the membership structure in the Association’s 119-year history.
In addition to evolving the way PGA Professionals are categorised, 2020 Vision sees the creation of two new membership groups open to all who work in the golf industry – including business professionals and club volunteers.
With the imminent launch of the Business Management Group and Club Volunteer by PGA, the Association seeks to bring all those who work and volunteer in golf under the umbrella of a single professional body – The PGA.
Ahead of the official launch in the coming weeks, further details of the many and significant benefits of joining these groups are now available.
Headline benefits include:
- Professional development through The PGA’s new digital CPD platform
- Access to industry forums and specialist groups for sharing of knowledge
- A comprehensive series of exclusive national & regional golf and networking events
- Expert advice on all industry matters from The PGA’s Business Relationship team
- Dedicated helpline for queries on HR, employment and health & safety law
- Access to useful documents, templates and guides in the PGA’s respected Resource Library
- Member Benefits platform providing exclusive discounts and offers from PGA Partners
- Tailored communications including an exclusive quarterly journal, webinars & podcasts
Annual fees for both the Business Management Group and Club Volunteer are £349.
To register your interest in joining, please click here.
The Business Management Group is about helping to support and develop the workforce of golf, whether they’re involved in golf clubs, hotels, travel, operations, retail, equipment or any other golf business sector. It’s designed to give all of the people who make golf business happen the opportunity to join a professional body and be a part of the leading industry network for knowledge sharing, exclusive networking events and career development. More details of BMG benefits
With the creation of a Club Volunteer category – aimed at those who support the running of golf clubs in the way that Governors contribute to schools – The PGA will provide invaluable training and guidance, enabling them to update their skills, offer more to their club and align their goals and aspirations with the professional workforce. Members of this group could include a chairperson, junior organiser or committee member. More details of Club Volunteer benefits
For more information on The PGA’s 2020 Vision: https://www.pga.info/pga-2020-vision/