With golf clubs facing significant business challenges today, STRI, the world’s leading consultancy for design, research and management of natural and artificial sports surfaces, has launched a joint initiative with Kanda Golf Marketing Services, to provide educational workshops that not only give practical solutions to the issues of managing the finest playing surfaces for the game of golf, but also business solutions to enable a golf club to grow revenues and reduce costs.
STRI has announced that they will stage two workshops:
- Tuesday 30th September at the Mid-Yorkshire Golf Club, Pontefract, West Yorkshire; and
- Thursday 2nd October at the Sonning Golf Club, Reading, Berkshire.
STRI’s Bob Taylor and Kanda Golf’s Jerry Kilby will be presenting the
workshop, which will include sessions on the following four subjects:
- The Golfing Environment – how focusing on the environment can help you attract and retain members/golfers and raise your profile in the local community, with inspiring case studies from across the UK (delivered by Bob Taylor)
- Selling the Intangible Benefits of Golf Club Membership – how you can define and sell the ‘real’ benefits and attractions of your golf club, such as the prestige, status of the club and the social benefits of becoming a member (delivered by Jerry Kilby)
- Understanding your Own Environment – this session includes how to maintain compliance with the latest updates on environmental and ecological legislation, along with ideas for practical initiatives you can kick-start at your own club such as nature conservation and water/waste management projects (delivered by Bob Taylor)
- A Customer Complaint is a Gift – covering one of the most important aspects of customer service; how to handle complaints from members and visitors with a positive outcome for the customer and your club (delivered by Jerry Kilby).
The presentations on the day will be interactive, interesting, educational and thought-provoking, to ensure delegates get the maximum value from the day.
Golf club secretaries, managers, committee members, owners and operators are all very welcome to attend. Delegates can book their place by contacting STRI on 01274 565131 or email at email@example.com
Places are limited at both venues, so delegates are advised to book as soon as possible.
Kanda Golf www.kandagolf.com