KPMG’s Golf Advisory Practice has launched the next edition of the Golf Participation Report for Europe (2019), which provides insights into the continent’s golf industry.
The report reveals that the European golf market is still stable in 2018 in terms of numbers of registered golfers and golf courses in operation, with no substantial changes in the overall supply and demand figures for Europe.
- The overall participation rate for Europe has remained stable since 2015. In fact, when taking a closer look at Europe’s golf markets, 54.5% of local golf associations indicated that the level of participation in their country in 2018 had either stabilised or increased. The remaining 45.5% of European markets experienced some decline, including prominent markets such as England, Scotland and the Scandinavian countries.
- The research shows that the number of registered golfers decreased slightly, by 0.6% (-24,396), while the number of affiliated golf courses in Europe remained stable (-3).
- Based on the survey, the gender distribution of registered golfers in Europe is constant, 68% of them are male, 25% female and 7% are junior.
As with previous reports, KPMG analysed the relevant data compiled directly from the respective golf associations across 46 countries on the continent. The key highlights of the annual report are available in PDF format.
This year KPMG has complemented the launch of its report with the creation of a new interactive platform powered by Microsoft Power BI, which allows interested parties to analyse the current and historical results of the participation study in an interactive fashion. The market intelligence tool delivers the latest industry figures on European golf participation for 2018, and also offers comparative analyses regarding the supply and demand trends between 2015 and 2018. In addition, it provides insights about the number of registered professional players by country.
Users can access the interactive tool and the annual reports by registration – free of charge – at Golfbenchmark.com