On the heels of announcing the Golf Apparel Market Reports for June in the U.S., Golf Datatech, LLC www.golfdatatech.com is reporting that retail apparel sales in the United Kingdom are also trending positively.
In fact, for the first six months of 2011, retail apparel sales in the UK are up in every category and in every channel over the same period in 2010. The June Golf Apparel Market Reports are now available for subscribers and all participating golf retailers.
“The fact that both the U.S. and UK show significant sales increases in every apparel category and in every channel is even better news for the golf industry,” said Tom Stine of Golf Datatech. “This signifies that golfers are buying apparel and business is moving in the right direction.”
The Golf Apparel Market Reports are available on a monthly basis to apparel companies, retailers and golf shop operators/managers, providing a detailed snapshot of apparel sales for every category, including shirts, pants and outerwear, for both men and women. Moreover, the reports list the market shares, retail pricing and inventory levels of virtually every apparel manufacturer (see companies listed on pg. 2), as well as define the market leaders in every category. Also included in the reports are graphs to help manufacturers analyze the market and their standings.
Among the key general findings for the June 2011 On-Off Course Market Report for the UK were the following:
Men’s On-Off Course Golf Apparel
- Compared to 2010, the total sale of men’s shirts, in British Sterling Pounds (BSP), including short and long sleeve, has increased 5.9% year-to-date.
- In regard to men’s tops, which include sweaters, vests and fleeces, total sales (BSP), have shown a significant increase of 9.3% year-to-date.
- Compared to 2010, the total sale of men’s bottoms (BSP), including pants and shorts, has shown a significant increase of 11.6%.
Women’s On-Off Course Golf Apparel
- For women’s shirts, including short and long sleeve, the total sales (BSP), has increased 3.1% year-to-date.
- In regard to women’s tops, which include sweaters, vests and fleeces, the total sales (BSP), has shown a significant increase of 16.35% year-to-date.
- Compared to 2010, the total sale of women’s bottoms (BSP), including pants and shorts, has shown a significant increase of 12.7%.
Golf shops that are interested in getting the free monthly reports should contact Suzie Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org Apparel manufacturers who would like to see sample reports should contact Tom Stine at email@example.com
Golf Datatech, LLC was established in the U.S. in 1995. In 2006, the Company expanded its retail and consumer research programs into the United Kingdomand in 2008 added markets in Europe. www.golfdatatech.com