Commercial pressures facing golf clubs are greater today than perhaps they have ever been. Recent research undertaken by the English Golf Union has highlighted a number of key business issues that are a concern to club managers, owners and their committees:
• Total club membership numbers are static
• There is an increasing number of clubs actively seeking new members
• Attracting casual green fee customers, society and corporate days is becoming more and more competitive.
The EGU Club Services team is therefore providing a series of workshops for EGU affiliated clubs to tap into and help improve their marketing techniques and effectiveness. These workshops will be delivered in conjunction with the EGU’s partners Golf Unlimited, who have over 10 years experience of working in the golf media and the wider golf industry. The proposed agenda for the workshops can be viewed at www.englishgolfunion.org
Everyone who attends a workshop will receive a full information pack containing details of the presentations, worked examples from the day and references for further information. The cost to attend is only £30 per delegate which includes tea/coffee plus lunch. Spaces are limited to a maximum of 2 delegates per club.
Marketing Workshops 2007
• Friday 23rd November Cold Ashby Golf Club, Northamptonshire
• Monday 26th November Kings Hill Golf Club, Kent
• Wednesday 28th November Taunton Vale Golf Club, Somerset
• Tuesday 4th December Romanby Golf Club, North Yorkshire
• Wednesday 5th December Blundells Hill Golf Club, Merseyside
• Friday 7th December Newark Golf Club, Nottinghamshire
To reserve places at one of these workshops contact Carol Price, 01526 354500, email email@example.com.
In each month and year listed below every article that has ever appeared in golfbusinessnews is reproduced in reverse date order.