The Greenkeepers Training Committee (GTC) in association with the English Golf Union (EGU) is hosting two Chairman of Green workshops in Lancashire as part of a pilot programme to introduce Quality Assured short courses and workshops for golf club officials and managers.
The Chairman of Green workshops will be held at:
- Pleasington Golf Club – Wednesday 25th May
- Bolton Golf Club (Lostock) – Thursday 26th May
The Greenkeepers Training Committee has engaged the services of Laurence Pithie, Master Greenkeeper, and one of its Quality Assured Training Providers’, to present these workshops. Laurence will share his vast experience and knowledge of working for both private and commercial golf clubs. Comprehensive course notes will be given to all delegates attending the workshop.
Subjects to be covered during the workshop:
- The Role and Responsibility of the Chairman of Green
- UK Perspective – Environment and Climate
- Basic Fundamentals in Managing Fine Turf
- Course Conditioning and Presentation
- Cultural Practices and their benefits
To view the workshop programme in detail visit www.the-gtc.co.uk The cost of the workshop is £40pp to include refreshments, lunch and course materials. Places are strictly limited therefore early application is advisable.
Call the GTC on Tel: 01347 838640 or email firstname.lastname@example.org