The launch of the all-new Fashion Gallery at the 56th PGA Merchandise Show is being embraced by exhibitors and golf organizations to create an energy-filled soft-goods epicenter of the 1.1 million gross square-foot golf industry exhibit floor.
The Fashion Gallery evolved from the traditional fashion show concept to provide a multi-dimensional soft goods platform that continues to spotlight the hottest golf fashion and yet easily adapts to individual exhibitor objectives.
The Fashion Gallery now offers greater interaction between buyers and designers; diversity in apparel collection presentation styles; an expanded showcase for the profit-building accessories retail component; an introduction of new designers and an additional stage for industry initiatives.
The 6,300 square foot Fashion Gallery schedule includes:
• Daily Exclusive Apparel Collection Viewings – by top brands and up-and-coming designers.
• The latest trends, collections and style technology by companies such as Ian Poulter Designs, Boo Weekley by Firethorn Tour, PUMA, adidas, Nike, Gear for Sports, Iconic, Fila, Sundog Eyewear, Glove It, Golf Green Gear, Tee Direct “Quiet Please,” Austin Golf Wear, Beeutiful Creations and more!
• Accessory Showcases – featuring all the latest golf apparel accessories and individual mannequins sponsored by Barr Display highlighting the latest lines.
• “Fresh Faces in Fashion” reception featuring hot new designers of golf fashion.
• Daily Presentations of “Elements of Style” by Annmarie Dodd and Argy Koutsothansis, leading experts in men’s & women’s luxury, designer and golf wear
• The LPGA “Girls Golf” 20th Anniversary and the 50th Anniversary of its Teaching & Club Professionals.
• The Future of Women’s Golf sponsored by Nike
• Eco-Friendly Product Spotlight.
• The AGM’s tips on smartly and efficiently working the Show floor, presented by Ken Morton Jr. and Vicki Bernstein.
• Art & Literature Area – daily book signings, and meet-the-author opportunities including “Playing Through – A Guide to the Unwritten Rules of Golf” by Peter Post (Author of the New York Times Bestseller “Essential Manners for Men”)
• Interactive contests hosted by PUMA, emceed by Scotty Bragg of the Orlando Magic and featuring Kasey Kahne, NASCAR Driver, Briana Vega, Big Break Contestant, Johnny Damon, NY Yankees and Erica Blasberg, LPGA Player.
• Haysun Hahn’s Soft Goods “Must-Haves” of 2009
Limited opportunities remain for custom participation by soft goods companies.
With some 10 miles of show aisles between the two, the 2009 Fashion Gallery complements the PGA Equipment Forum stage as the two anchors of the PGA Merchandise Show floor.
The 2009 PGA Equipment Forum schedule is packed daily with presentations on industry economics and emerging markets; PGA professional business and teaching best practices, PGA equipment partner programs featuring top professional golfers and industry initiatives on growing the game. The PGA Equipment Forum detailed schedule will be announced next week.
The game’s most influential leaders, including executives from worldwide PGAs, global golf companies and national golf organizations, join grassroots PGA Professionals and retailers to amass more than 45,000 attendees focused on growing the business of golf.
More than 1,100 top golf manufacturers create the world’s largest business-to-business golf event and include golf’s top market leaders such as adidas, Ahead, Antigua, Bridgestone Golf, Callaway Golf, Cleveland Golf/Srixon, Cutter & Buck, Gear For Sports, Greg Norman Collection, Nike Golf, PING, PUMA, Summit Golf Brands, Tehama, Titleist, Under Armour ~ plus some 400 companies new to the Show.
Interactive exhibits, product testing, education seminars, fashion shows, industry awards, trend reports, professional networking, merchandising workshops, best practices presentations and more pack huge value into the industry’s biggest week of golf business.
The Outdoor Demo Day, 28th January, tees off the Show for PGA professionals, media and invited guests to test equipment outdoors at the Orange County National Golf Center and Lodge in Winter Garden, Fla.
The PGA Merchandise Show, 29th -31st January, is a trade only event and will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. daily. For more information or to register for the 56th PGA Merchandise Show, visit www.pgashow.com
In each month and year listed below every article that has ever appeared in golfbusinessnews is reproduced in reverse date order.