The golf industry in Asia is getting into top gear and serious stake-holders in the game of golf are signing up to attend some of the most ambitious golf conferences to be staged anywhere.
The events are:
- 2011 Asia Pacific Golf Summit (APGS)
- 2011 Golf Course Superintendents of Asia Summit (GCSAS)
- 2011 PGA Conference of Asia (PGACA)
- 2011 Southeast Asia & India Golf Merchandise Exhibition (SEAIGME)
“Collectively, these four events make up the largest golf specific conferences outside of the United States of America. The importance of these conferences and exhibition to the golf industry is borne out by the fact that some of the best brains in golf have committed to speak at these knowledge events,” says Mike Sebastian CEO of organisers the Asia Pacific Golf Group.
Well over 50 international speakers and panellists will be gathering inPattaya,Thailand from October 31 to November 6 to impart their expertise, knowledge and vision on how golf is adapting to changing conditions.
“The general theme that will be resonating through all of the conferences will be the topic of CHANGE and how it is impacting the game of golf,” says Mike Sebastian..
Some of the stellar names that will be featured at the conferences are:
Asia Pacific Golf Summit 2011:
- Tony Jacklin – golf legend
- Jimmy Connors – tennis legend
- John Kawaja – Executive Vice President, Taylormade adidas Golf
- Masao Nagai – Global R&D Director, Mizuno Golf
Among European speakers Bill Sanderson will be giving the opening keynote address; Peter McEvoy, from PowerPlay Golf PLC, will be describing how his company is delivering a ‘shot in the arm’ to golf; Bob Hunt from International Golf Design Group is speaking about ‘Golf Resorts – Has the Concept Reached its Use-by Date?’; and Howard Swan from Swan Golf Design will join a panel discussing ‘New Formats for Golf – the Ultimate Elixir.
A special session has been dedicated to golf in India, which is seen by many as ‘the awakening giant in the world of golf’. This panel session will be chaired by Rishi Narain with Anil Seolekar (Oxford Group, India); Devang Shah (Kalhaar Blues and Green Golf Club); Colonel S K Sinha (Aamby Valley City); and Aakash Ohri (DLF Golf Resorts) making up the panel.
Golf Course Superintendents of Asia Summit 2011
- Jon Scott – President, Nicklaus Design Agronomy Services
- Dr. Earl Elsner –University of Georgia TurfgrassManagement
- Dr. Milton Engelke –Texas A&M University; Zoysia expert
- Tim Cartwright – Vice President, Floratine
- Tim Carnow – Regional Manager, Hunter Irrigation
PGA Conference of Asia 2011
- Brian Mogg – President, Brian Mogg Performance Centre
- Terrence Anton – President, SNAG Golf
- David Milne – President,DavidMilneGolfAcademy
- Hank Haney – legendary golf coach and guru
“Nowhere in the Asia Pacific or for that matter, anywhere else in the world, can you witness a gathering of so many experts on golf coming together to share their knowledge and experience with industry members,” concludes Mike Sebastian.
Full Programme and Registration Details are available at these websites