“Knowledge is power” according to the learned British philosopher and scientist, Francis Bacon, while the great Benjamin Franklin declared, “An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.”
That is why the 2012 Asia Pacific Golf Summit has assembled some of the best brains in the business of golf to look into the challenges and opportunities faced by the industry as it charts its course through the second decade of the 21st Century.
For three days, some 60 world-class speakers and experts will share their thoughts, views and opinions at APGS 2012 at the Empire Hotel and Golf Resort in the oil-rich sultanate of Brunei Darussalam.
Bold questions will be asked about key issues impacting the golf industry in Asia:
- Club management – new emerging trends to cope with change;
- Revenue streams – bold steps to help grow revenue under challenging conditions;
- Course care and maintenance – innovative ways to stay ahead and keep costs in check;
- Growth of the game – new ways to keep the game relevant in rapidly changing times;
- Sustainability – to engage with environment-friendly practices;
- Human resource development – training and education;
“It would be fair to say that no golf business event in the Asia Pacific can match what APGS 2012 has got planned for this year. We have invested heavily to bring in the best in the business to talk to the industry – there are challenges faced by the industry in Asia and it’s not dissimilar to what the Western hemisphere is going through,” explained Mike Sebastian, chief executive officer of the Asia Pacific Golf Group, the owner and producer of APGS 2012.
“It does not help to remain in a state of self-denial and sweep the problems under the carpet and hope that they go away,” he added. “Golf is a global industry and its problems are global – the only variance is the degree and severity of the problems on a region by region basis.”
Sebastian pointed out. “At the end, it will bite us all if we do not take remedial steps to arrest and eliminate the problems before it is too late! Come and be a part of APGS 2012. Registration is open!”
APGS 2012 www.golfconference.org