Hunstanton Golf Club was founded in 1891 and is a private members’ club situated on the beautiful north west Norfolk coast with outstanding views over The Wash. It is a Championship links course that has hosted many top amateur national and international Men’s and Ladies’ events and is scheduled to host the English Women’s Championship in 2015. It is ranked in the UK’s ‘Top 100’ golf courses, with a programme of Martin Hawtree designed improvements already in progress.
Due to the retirement of the present Secretary, the Club is seeking a replacement for the position which becomes available in April 2014.
The Secretary is responsible for the day to day management of the Club and for implementing the policy decisions determined by the Club’s General Committee.The Secretary is responsible to the General Committee through the Club Captain.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Strong management skills with a proven ability to lead and motivate a multi-disciplined team.
- A successful track record in leading and managing a small business, not necessarily in a golf club environment.
- An appreciation of golf, its standards, traditions and the ethos within a private members’ club.
- Financial literacy including the ability to produce monthly management accounts and cash flows.
- Ability to develop and implement marketing strategies to successfully promote the club and achieve key targets.
- IT experience and skills.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation, employment and licensing laws.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills combined with a willingness to work flexible hours.
- Salary will be by negotiation and the successful candidate will be expected to relocate to the area.
To apply, please forward a full CV along with a supporting statement detailing how you meet the requirements of the position. These should be marked ‘Private & confidential’ and addressed to:
The Captain, Hunstanton Golf Club, Golf Course Road, Old Hunstanton, Norfolk PE36 6JQ or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The CLOSING DATE: Friday 4th October 2013
GCS (Golf Club Secretary) http://thegolfclubsecretary.co.uk