GolfPlus, the leading British based GPS technology company, has announced the signing of an agreement with the De Vere Group as its exclusive GPS technology supplier for the next four years. Golfplus will see its Ranger GPS distance system and Remoteplus golf car security device installed throughout the group, starting with the entire golf car fleet at the De Vere Belfry.
Already in use at courses worldwide, and with offices in the USA and China, GolfPlus is fast establishing itself as the GPS system of choice. The GolfPlus units are ergonomically designed with full colour screens that show high-resolution graphic images of each hole.
The units are unobtrusively mounted inside the golf car and offer a range of helpful information to golfers about each hole including a colour graphic of the hole, length, par and stroke index. The advantages to players are obvious but the associated benefits to clubs and golf courses alike are also far reaching as Claire Coombe, commercial director of GolfPlus explains, “As well as affording great player benefits, with the GolfPlus system there is huge potential to create additional advertising and corporate golf revenue by selling the advertising space on the unit screens.
“We have had a lot of interest in this aspect of the GolfPlus system since we launched 18 months ago, and we are obviously delighted to be working with such a prestigious venue as The De Vere Belfry, one of Europe’s leading business, golf and leisure destinations.”
The major benefits to golf professionals and golf course managers include:
- Increased speed of play, which means more tee times and more golf car revenue
- Increased golf car usage thanks to a more attractive golf car proposition
- An improved golf experience means more recommendations and increased number of rounds
- Safer golf thanks to pre-programmed warnings of potential hazards for visiting golfers
- Increased revenue through on screen advertising sales to corporate clients
- Targeted messages to promote the pro shop and additional services around the club
- The club/resort has complete control over the advertising and messages that appear on the screen
Simon Wordsworth, head of golf at The De Vere Belfry, was particularly impressed by the ability to use the GolfPlus system to send targeted marketing messages to golfers on the course.
“Because it is so quick to up-load we can communicate new information to the players on the course almost instantly. For example if we have a special offer in the pro shop or at the hotel we can let the golfers on the course know straight away,” he said.
GolfPlus is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Walters Group of companies. Further information is available from Claire Coombe at GolfPlus on 01494 795111 (e-mail Claire@e-golfplus.com).