The PGA continue their support for their PGA Members and the wider industry through the webinar series PGA LIVE, hosted by the PGA Chief Executive, Rob Maxfield, and Members of the Senior Team.
Guest speakers were the 59club’s Will Hewitt, and Chris Knight from The Revenue Club.
The PGA have commissioned a Members survey, via PGA Partner 59club, to provide data and insight into the status of golf and associated trends since the reopening, in England, 3 weeks ago.
The survey covered the stats relating to different areas of the golf business; Venues and reopening and the status of opening/furloughed staff, safety measures in place, facilities and services that are open including rental products and driving ranges, Retail click and collect services, Membership growth and Financial support packages.
The survey had just under 400 responses from a 48 window from a pool of PGA Members and Golf Club Managers.
In addition, The Revenue Club provided information on the status of visitor golf, the demand factors, and initial results.
On the trends and within the webinar some of the key topics of discussion were:
- The opportunities golf has with the volume of new Members joining golf clubs
- The importance of retention and managing the expectations of the new joiners to ensure they stay, especially within a challenging operational environment.
- Golf Clubs now receiving all their demand for tee times directly, thus reducing the impact of 3rd party tee time providers.
- Impact of golfers booking online, paying in advance and golf clubs embracing technology.
- The impact of price on demand for both Membership and green fee sales.
Keep in touch with the PGA’s COVID-19 Resource Hub