Golf Resort Black Stork was founded in 1999 but it can trace its origins back to 1906 and 1908 when the first 9-holes golf course in Hungary was finished in Tatranska Lomnica, High Tatras.
At that time Slovakia was known as Upper Hungary and part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. The new 18-hole course opened for play at the beginning of July 2006 designed by Martin Munka, with construction supervised by Hans Georg Erhardt. Another 9 holes are now under construction and will be opened in 2007.
The idea of renewing golf in the High Tatras was born at the beginning of the 1990s. In June 1999 the golf practice range opened. In September 2000, the natural 9-hole golf course was added. Work started on building the hotel started at the end of 2003.
The celebration of the 100 years jubilee will be held on 29th and 30th July. The grand opening ceremony of the 18-holes course will be followed by a centenary golf tournament for Lomnickà½ Golf Club members and Peter CrokerÂ´s golf show. The 30th will be an ‘open day’ and will start with a pro-am tournament.
Golf Resort Black Stork covers an area of 120 hectares and has the largest covered driving range in Slovakia. With its length of 350m, it satisfies even the most demanding golfers. The eleven covered positions allow beginners and professionals to practice in all weathers. The grass teeing ground is 100 meters wide.
Golf Area Black Stork www.blackstork.sk