As the winter golf season gets underway Sam Torrance, Scotland’s Ambassador for Golf, reveals a range of fantastic winter golf deals across the country involving some of its must-play golf courses.
Offering further discounted green fees which can also be packaged up with accommodation or entry to local attractions, the golf passes are an extra reason to celebrate Scotland’s golfing legacy as the country gears up to host Homecoming Scotland 2009 – a celebration of Robert Burns, golf, whisky, great minds and ancestry in honour of the great bard’s 250th birthday.
‘’Now is the perfect time to enjoy some excellent value golf in Scotland. Especially on the links courses which can be played all year round. It’s not only more affordable it’s always a great way to play the best courses in Scotland,’’ says Sam Torrance, Scotland’s Ambassador for Golf. “With 20 golf passes in total operating throughout Scotland this is just a wee winter taster for golfers before the 2009 summer season kicks off.”
With the return of The Open Championship to Turnberry in Ayrshire, there will be plenty of exciting golf to watch and play throughout the Homecoming Scotland 2009 events programme.
• Fife and Angus St Andrews Links Trust Winter Golf Package gives visiting golfers the chance to play three rounds on St Andrews Links, including a guaranteed round on the Old Course for the price of just £120.00. The package can be purchased through accommodation providers in the Kingdom of Fife, accommodation is not included in the above price. The package is available from November 2008 until April 19 2009, prices may vary.
• Links with History golf pass offers winter golf on four of Scotland’s historic golf courses – Crail, Lundin, Ladybank and Scotscraig for a bargain price of £90.00. The package is available from November 2008 to March 2009.
• Carnoustie Country Dream Ticket includes a game on four of the world’s classic links courses – Montrose, Monifieth, Panmure (all Open Qualifiers) and Carnoustie Championship for the price of £130 from November 2008 to March 2009.
• First in Fife Golfpass offers great value golf on a choice of 12 fine courses within easy reach of each other and gives golfers three rounds of golf from only £59 or five rounds from only £92. It operates from April until October but thanks to a unique online booking system can also make an ideal Christmas present.
• East Lothian Golf East Lothian Passport costs just £7.50. Twelve East Lothian courses participate in the scheme offering a 15% reduction in high season and 30% off in low season. This could represent savings of more than £80 during a 5-day golf trip!
• Central & Highlands The National Park Golf Pass is available throughout the year and offers one round of golf per day on Buchanan Castle, Cardross and Helensburgh for £90.
• Aviemore and the Cairngorms Golf Pass allows golfers to play on the unique range of seven golf courses with the stunning natural backdrop of the Cairngorm Mountains. The pass is available at all seven participating golf courses for just £20. It entitles the holders to a 30% discount at any of these great courses.
For more information on golf passes visit www.visitscotland.com/samsscotland
for Homecoming Scotland 2009 go to www.homecomingscotland2009.com