John Deere has teamed up once again with the English Golf Union as sponsor of the EGU’s spring Golf Environment Roadshows, which are taking place around the country during early March 2011. The full list of dates is as follows:
- Tuesday 1 March at Minchinhampton (New) Golf Club, Stroud, Gloucestershire (South West)
- Wednesday 2 March at Burhill Golf Club, Walton on Thames, Surrey (South East) – now fully booked
- Thursday 3 March at Longcliffe Golf Club, Loughborough, Leicestershire (Midlands)
- Monday 7 March at Northumberland Golf Club, Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne & Wear (North East)
- Tuesday 8 March at Bramhall Golf Club, Stockport, Cheshire (North West)
The roadshows provide an opportunity for secretaries, administrators, course managers and other staff to exchange ideas and keep up to date with the latest environmental and operational issues facing golf clubs. This year the five venues will feature environmental and machinery presentations, including working demonstrations of John Deere’s latest E-Cut hybrid greens mowers equipped with QuickAdjust (QA) cutting cylinders.
With additional support from the R&A Courses Committee, STRI and the Ethical Energy Group, there will also be presentations on the R&A Course Health Check, the EGU Environmental Compliance website and carbon calculator, and alternative energy savings.
“We are confident that club delegates will find the content of these roadshows both informative and up-to-the-minute, as well as providing a number of practical money saving ideas,” says EGU club services manager Paul Keeling.
The John Deere sponsored EGU spring roadshows run from 9.30am to 4pm and are free of charge for up to three delegates per club, with places allocated on a first come first served basis; refreshments and lunch are included.
Further information can be found on the EGU website at www.englishgolfunion.org/roadshows