Old Golf Auctions Limited has announced that over 1,100 quality golf memorabilia items are to be sold in its 50th Golf Memorabilia Auction.
They have a fine range of golf memorabilia items in their online golf auction site. Rare books, clubs, balls, programmes, trophies almost every aspect of golf collecting will be covered in this auction.
Long Nosed clubs dating back to the 1860s such has quality McEwen and Anderson putters. A unique Tiffany Desk Lamp which was an amateur competition prize some ninety years ago.
Old Golf Auctions have a collection of very rare golf postcards perhaps the finest that has ever been auction to date
Other notable items on offer are:
• Sir R. Payne Gallwey. Roller Putter with original grip and shaft – a rare patented putter (PATENT 15144 JULY 1907)
• Rare early McEwen long nose putter with remnants of ancient red keel finish – understamped with the name J Allan
• Rare James Patrick postcard of Tom Morris playing a shot near the Swilcan Burn Bridge at St. Andrews circa 1900
• Rare postcard of turn of the century lady golf champion May Hezlet dated circa 1907
• Unique 1905 coloured postcard of 13 Famous Professional golfers – Vardon – Taylor Braid – Massey – Fernie and others
• Unique Solid Silver Putter from Royal Isle of Wight Golf Club the ‘Eaton Memorial Putter Xmas Meeting 1909‘ sterling silver. British hallmarked silver
• James P. Lee. Golf, 1895 1st edition rare American golf (1st golf book published in America)
• Ping Putter by Karston Redwood City Ca. Pat Pending rarest of Ping putters – all original
• Gary Player Ping Scottsdale putter signed with sharpie on face by Gary Player at Tom Watson dinner party – vary rare putter
• Stamped ‘Jack Nicklaus‘ Ping Slazenger Scottsdale putter vary rare Ping putter
• Tiger Woods Scotty Cameron Titleist 1997 Masters Champion putter number 91 of 270 – the only black putter to used in a Major
• Superb ‘Tiffany‘ desk lamp golf trophy (Tiffany Studios 665 USA) the 17th annual US Seniors Tournament won by William O. Henderson dated 1921
• A.W. Tillinghast. The MUTT And Other Golf Yarns. Privately printed, Philadelphia 1924 signed limited edition – extremely rare golf book!
• Stunning poster of the 1998 Grand Slam Championship – signed by Tiger Woods – Mark O‘Meara – Lee Jenzen and VJ Singh
• 1952 Open Programme played at Royal Lytham – very rare programme that is in great condition!
• Rare Grano postcard of Tom Morris and Horace Hutchinson and C Hutchinson at St. Andrews circa 1900
• Extremely rare turn of the century Wave Crest Jewellery (Casket) Box it appeared Oliver’s 1991 Auction
• Unique pair of turn of the century (1900) leather golfing boots – Purported to have been worn by Fred Herd the 1898 US Open Champion
It is free to register to the site just go to www.oldgolfauctions.com
In each month and year listed below every article that has ever appeared in golfbusinessnews is reproduced in reverse date order.